This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to S.Wales 10th Sept
Hello,

It looks like you all had a great time over the last weekend and hope the bodies are recovering.

The Swmbo and Mini BottleIT are away for the first 2 weeks of September so I will have many passes.

On Sunday 11th Sept I'm going to enter the Brecon Beast in S.Wales which is a 100k event through the Brecon Beacons (there is also a 60km route as well). Within the low cost entrance fee is free camping the night before.

I plan to make a weekend of it to drive down The Saturday morning to ride cym carn in the morning and a short natural route in the afternoon.

I know it is a long way ahead, but wondered if anyone wanted to tag along - no pressure to do the beast - or if a bigger trip (i can only do the weekend though) like last weekend could be built around it?

Any thoughts? Undecided
route comes back along Sarn Helen - which I've done a bit of, roman road some good descents and stream crossings

long route takes in Gap climb "longest and hardest" - not that steep & not that long but may be testing at end of event thats 68 miles long and climb must be starting at the 55-60 mark (shorter route doesn't do that)

they've dumbed down the top bit of the Gap descent for first 200 metres but its a great descent - which 5 of us did near end of our 33 miler on Monday

ride too much Saturday and you could late setting up for camping, pasta and prep