This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted. Old XT rear mech (RECIEVED)
Well after bending back the cage of my rear mech last night it was back to the same position again by mid ride today causing some chain suck (i hope it was that)so i assume that joint is now buggered. I don't want to fork out ~£45 on a new one now because i am saving, so has anyone got an old style XT which is surplus to requirements that i can buy for a modest price? Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:Well after bending back the cage of my rear mech last night it was back to the same position again by mid ride today causing some chain suck (i hope it was that)so i assume that joint is now buggered. I don't want to fork out ~£45 on a new one now because i am saving, so has anyone got an old style XT which is surplus to requirements that i can buy for a modest price? Wink
If you get no response, I've got an old-style XT on the Marin.  I never used it much and it's yours for bobbins.
Lol I love the definition number 4 of "Bobbins", or more specifically the example:

"FUCKME claire. look at the size of that jades bobbins!"

;D ;D ;D
"pittgoat" Wrote:Lol I love the definition number 4 of "Bobbins", or more specifically the example:

"FUCKME claire. look at the size of that jades bobbins!"

;D ;D ;D

im more worried about definition 6 :o
"impished" Wrote:If you get no response, I've got an old-style XT on the Marin.  I never used it much and it's yours for bobbins.
Cool, cheers Ade 8)  If your sure you don't need it i'll grab it off you on Wednesday if that's OK.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Cool, cheers Ade 8)  If your sure you don't need it i'll grab it off you on Wednesday if that's OK.
Not a problem mate.  It's sitting there in the garage waiting for rust or chav to take it away so I'd rather it go to a good home.
If you are really pushed I have an old XTR one but it is quite worn!!
"Longjon" Wrote:If you are really pushed I have an old XTR one but it is quite worn!!
Thanks mate but i need it pretty soon before i do any more damage to the chain and chainring.
Thanks again for that Ade, i now have perfect shifting again, the old one was completely knackered!
Glad it's gone to a good home Wink