This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Maps : Satellite View?
Anyone else having trouble viewing Satellite view on google maps???

Im running Firefox 3, and all I get its "missing image" tiles.

Worked perfectly the other day, and now I cant see anything on both Firefox or IE7..!

Any ideas anyone?
Have you tried Safari? I'm at work so can't try, but if you haven't got it it's easily the best web browser i'v used, and has often showed images that IE can't.
Id rather stick with Firefox, much more secure.

Its all been working fine for ages, but in the last day or so as now ceased to work properly in both browsers.

I'll try updating my plugins etc first, like flash etc, see if that helps.
Fine here, just zoomed in on Blean, FF 3.0.5

I have had serious flash issues in the past, useless piece of sw (does google maps use it then?), nightmare getting even youtube working on my parents PC under IE and had to faff using FF under Ubuntu at home as well
I dunno now..... I found some info via Google, but I done what the "fix" suggests and still no Satellite imagery on both Firefox or IE

The MAPS and TERRAIN imagery works, but we all like a good satellite map dont we?

It may be a firewall issue as my PC done a full firewall scan the other day.... Im only using Windows Defender.