This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wales
Just back from 4 hot days in Wales with great riding.But,its a shame that so much has or will be lost for many months or years.Granada trail completely obliterated and others to follow.Though locals say that lots of new stuff is planned,some on the other side of the valley.
On Friday we had  just finished at Cwm Carn when a Paramedic car drove at speed through the car park,then after a couple of minutes,an ambulance.We then drove to Glynncorrwg to do Whites Level.Got to the steep rocky descent at the end of the black run when we was stopped by a guy standing at the top of the descent.He said there was a guy who had crashed on the descent and that they were waiting for the ambulance.They had found him about 40 minutes before,he was on his own and he looked as if he was out for the count.Just as we got down to the access road the ambulance arrived being led by an FC pickup.As there was'nt anything we could do we rode off,then the air ambulance arrived circling overhead looking for somewhere to land.We carried on and after about 40 minutes we heard the helicopter start up and take off.Hopefully he's recovering OK.Speaking to one of the local riders in the Working Mens Club that night this has become a fairly regular occurence.
Over the next three days it was surprising to see the number of "riders" without helmets or gloves or on cheap bikes.A fair number were pushing there bikes.I've been going to this part of Wales for 6 years in all weather and have never encountered so many idiots or accidents.If this gets worse someone is going to start to complain about the cost,etc
When Mudhound took us around Brecon Beacons on the last day of the April trip as we were coming upto Belwch Gap we saw a couple out riding.  The guy was on a nice looking Cube AMS but his partner was riding on a supermarket sweep special wearing jeans and canvas shoes :o  Neither of them were wearing helmet or gloves and its fair to say she didnt look very impressed.  It makes you wonder.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Yeah, I suspect that bloke had one less ear & a new hole in his bum once she got him behind closed doors.
She did not look happy >Sad

But, humor aside - they were being particulary silly on that trail without lids.  At no point of the gap descent did I feel like I was going to fall off, but at the same time I was aware that even with the lid, gloves & knee pads I really didn't want to ??)

I guess the core problem is down to people not being aware of the trail designation meanings & certainly not being aware of their abilities.