This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Pro 2  Front 9mm thru bolt
   Could any one who is running this set up could you please tell me how tight a fit the 9 mm QR through axles should be in the removable hub ends are . .    
Not running it any more but if I remember rightly they qr was pretty much flush in mine, no real wobble but not a struggle to push through
Thanks for the info and my wheels are now moded to take the 9mm front and the 10mm QR skewers and I made some tools up to strip the rear hud down as well to remove the centre spindle. Took just under 1.5 hours total and I will test ride it over the weekend. £14.98 total cost.
I have done 26 miles to day in my first ever ride in and around Leith Hill today and the first thing I notice since the upgrade was when I was standing and pedaling hard uphill the sound of the front pads touching the pads at times has gone as well as the front brake seem to have less free play at the lever and the fork do feel stiffer. The whole bike seems better to ride on rough ground and it seem to have been a well spent 1.5 hours as well as the £14.98.