This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
they finally got him then
Bin Laden confirmed killed by US forces in Pakistan  :o
"Wideload" Wrote:Bin Laden confirmed killed by US forces in Pakistan  :o

only nearly 10 years late
Sweet. Better late than never I suppose.
Shame he didn't writhe in agony for Months, but it's better than no result.
Am a little sceptical of this myself. They probably have got him, but I don't think he's dead as can be... The US wouldn't let someone that wanted be killed outright. Same goes for Saddam
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
No pictures, no evidence and "buried at sea" very swiftly. Mmmmmm?

I get the sea thing as that negates the creation of a shrine etc, but very little credible info.
Why would they make it up? I hate conspiracy theorists.
I thought the same, all seems a bit suspect.

However, so i've read, they didn't just walk into the compound he was staying in! No doubt they had to fight it out.

I believe the burial within 24hours was something to do with the religion but again just what I have been told/read!
"Treehugger" Wrote:Why would they make it up? I hate conspiracy theorists.

Im not syaing hes not dead, but the mystery and lack of credible information around it (in this current day and age) is quite astounding.

Its got bigger political issues around it though, as aparently he was being harboured by Pakistan military officials near a military compound.

Theres probably a huge bigger picture around USA & Pakistan in terms of they knew they where looking after him, turn him over or we'll bomb you next.

The "burial" would have nothing to do with his religion I doubt, its an untracable action to bury at sea.

Its not conspiracy Andy, its simple massaging of the truth. The whole capturing of Saddam was VERY well documented, this seems to swept very swiftly under a carpet.
He was apparently shot in the head. It would be very crass to parade his body live on TV, Sadam was alive when captured so no one objects to seeing pictures of that.

In Islam the dead are buried the day that they die. I imagine it would have not gone down well with the wider Muslim world had this fundamental practice not been followed. I don't know why try did it at sea though, but as said above that negates the possibility of a shrine.