This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Cheap road bike
Hi,

As title really - want something to try and regain some fitness.

Cheers,
Richard.
How cheap and how old?
"surfingjoyner" Wrote:Hi,

As title really - want something to try and regain some fitness.

Cheers,
Richard.

just ride your mtb on the road.
I have one I'm wanting rid off. 2010 Trek 1.5. 58cm. Looking for £350. Pics available.
HI all,

Looking to spend about £100 possibly, not to bothered by age if all works ok. - could ride MTB on road but tbh I want something that is easier to rack up the miles on.
For £100 I'd buy a spare pair of wheels second hand with some slick tyres, that way its quick to swap over between road mode and MTB mode, without having to own a ghastly roadie.
"General Sparks" Wrote:For £100 I'd buy a spare pair of wheels second hand with some slick tyres, that way its quick to swap over between road mode and MTB mode, without having to own a ghastly roadie.

All that wear on the MTB chainset though... replacing expensive MTB parts is more costly than cheap steel roadie parts.
Boot fair at the weekend - almost a sure thing you'll pick up a £20 steel framed "racer"
You then have £80 left to sort Tyres & saddle.

Cheap Roadie - done!
how tall are you a lad at work might have a falcon banana for sale cheep I'll take a pic of it tomorrow  its in very good nick for its age

looks just like this but with long mud guards and rack

resim
Cheers leadbasher, I am just shy of six foot. Thanks a lot.