This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Downs Way 25th June 2011
Once again getting a date in early...

This ride will hopefully be a tiny bit longer than the 21st May NDW ride.  This time we'll probably meet at Kemsing (or nearby) and ride to Canterbury using as much of the NDW as possible.  Its a 9am start and pretty much an all dayer as it takes in about 80 miles depending on route.  There are some fairly serious hills

To complete a ride like this we have to keep moving so while we generally have a laugh we have to also keep the pace up and stopping is at a minimum

The route will be roughly based on that posted on reply 28 of the 21st May thread but there will a different start point and probably be some minor changes to the route near the start and possibly around BBH

Who is interested in joining me?
"pittgoat" Wrote:Once again getting a date in early...

This ride will hopefully be a tiny bit longer than the 21st May NDW ride.  This time we'll probably meet at Kemsing (or nearby) and ride to Canterbury using as much of the NDW as possible.  Its a 9am start and pretty much an all dayer as it takes in about 80 miles depending on route.  There are some fairly serious hills

To complete a ride like this we have to keep moving so while we generally have a laugh we have to also keep the pace up and stopping is at a minimum

The route will be roughly based on that posted on reply 28 of the 21st May thread but there will a different start point and probably be some minor changes to the route near the start and possibly around BBH

Who is interested in joining me?
Can't make this unfortunately as that's when we leave to go to France.
It's a yes from me Smile
I am very interested, however we go to France the following morning, early start, so I need to balance responsibilites.

Could the revised route be posted?
I'm in - as long as I don't have to ride the Stumpy again!
"jellylegs" Wrote:I'm in - as long as I don't have to ride the Stumpy again!

You loved every creaking minute of it lol

I'm going to have 2pass on this one though as its on the day I have my son.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Hello!  Smile

I may join you for the first section...could liven up your route through Oldbury and Mereworth if you like too.
"Blackers" Wrote:Hello!  Smile

I may join you for the first section...could liven up your route through Oldbury and Mereworth if you like too.

Be great to see you again matey Smile
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:Be great to see you again matey Smile

Likewise. It will be interesting to see what my fitness will be like after only 2 weeks of SITS training too.  :o I suspect I have a lot of work to do.
Might join u mark if you are planning on a loop