This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Shops In Kent
ok so obviously im wondering what there is but i also thought someone else may find it helpful to, so here goes everyone post the local shops to you and the larger companies

In Ashford :

Halfords -
UNIT 2 GALLAGHER RETAIL PARK
ASHFORD
KENT
TN23 7DH

01233 667320

Alright for the odd bits, and maybe a new bike, but can sometimes be far more expensive

Ashford Bike Store -
Not sure of exact address but its on the ellingham industrial estate (the one near tesco park farm)
Rather good value but has a very small choice, the bloke seems to know what he is doing ( i think he has another store in cranbrook) and i think he rides XC to

so whats everyone else got?
I don't know exact addresses, but i use Downland Cycles in Canterbury a lot. Really nice guy's and i am often in there chatting for ages and spent a fair amount of money recently. I like Victory Cycles in Rainam too, but they are mostly roadies i think, and don't have a huge amount in stock. Then there is Cycles UK, who have several branches all over the uk but i sometimes go in the Maidston branch to drool all over a Pitch Pro Smile I used to use Herbert's in Whitstable a lot but i owe them money so haven't been in there for ages :Smile There's a good one in Faversham high street too but i can't remember what it's called. I often used to buy the odd bits in Halfrawds but not since they upped the price of Highrollers from £19 to £24!
Halfrauds in Sittingbourne.
and that's about it.
There is 1 other bike shop but it's more of a rip-off joint than the worst of Halfords >Sad

Please remember though, Steve;  I'm not saying Halfords is a good shop, only convenient for my impulse buys Wink  Remember to check EVERY bolt if you buy anything bigger than a multi-tool ??)
"impished" Wrote:Halfrauds in Sittingbourne.
and that's about it.
There is 1 other bike shop but it's more of a rip-off joint than the worst of Halfords >Sad

Please remember though, Steve;  I'm not saying Halfords is a good shop, only convenient for my impulse buys Wink  Remember to check EVERY bolt if you buy anything bigger than a multi-tool ??)

Big Grin yeh i know about that aswell, the ashford one seems alright for mechanics  ??) some of them have a idea what they are doing Big Grin
Um, I haven't checked the terms and conditions of being a member on this site but im pretty sure that mentioning Halfords and Bike shop in the same sentance means you are going to be banned? I am of course exempt from this rule as I am just pointing out its existance and not claiming that the aforementioned fraud centre has anything to do with bits of metal with 2 round bits etc

Tunbridge Wells has the rather good Wildside Cycles. I will admit that ive not been there for many years but a load of the Rotherfield lot do and some of the staff do the trail building up there plus they put on a Santa Cruz demo day there before which was good
"Treehugger" Wrote:I don't know exact addresses, but i use Downland Cycles in Canterbury a lot. Really nice guy's and i am often in there chatting for ages and spent a fair amount of money recently. I like Victory Cycles in Rainam too, but they are mostly roadies i think, and don't have a huge amount in stock. Then there is Cycles UK, who have several branches all over the uk but i sometimes go in the Maidston branch to drool all over a Pitch Pro Smile I used to use Herbert's in Whitstable a lot but i owe them money so haven't been in there for ages :Smile There's a good one in Faversham high street too but i can't remember what it's called. I often used to buy the odd bits in Halfrawds but not since they upped the price of Highrollers from £19 to £24!

Andy

If you go into Cycles Uk in Canterbury the managers name is Adam, he has Tuesdays off but is there the rest of the time... tell him Nigel from Maidstone said to come in and get a price on your Pitch Pro, tell him what you have found it for eslewhere and if he can he'll do you a good deal, he is limited as he now works for a big company but if you get it from him he'll always look after you. I have bought 7 bikes from him when at cyclemart and he is a good man...   if he can't match the price then hey... no harm in trying...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Um, I haven't checked the terms and conditions of being a member on this site but im pretty sure that mentioning Halfords and Bike shop in the same sentance means you are going to be banned? I am of course exempt from this rule as I am just pointing out its existance and not claiming that the aforementioned fraud centre has anything to do with bits of metal with 2 round bits etc

Tunbridge Wells has the rather good Wildside Cycles. I will admit that ive not been there for many years but a load of the Rotherfield lot do and some of the staff do the trail building up there plus they put on a Santa Cruz demo day there before which was good

Hmm Wildside, i live literally a 5 mins walk from them but id rather drive to downlands in canterbury. There servicing is next to poor, i asked about a quick disc mount facing on some old forks, they said it would be 2 weeks. They guys in the shop are very nice though and generally helpful, bit expenisve in there though.
so this downland cycles, anyone got an idea how much they charge to service wheels ? more specifically hubs?  :Smile
+1 for Downlands but they are a little pricey.  Ã‚£15.50 for a bottle and holder last week  :o  Would have been much more if i'd gone for the carbon one!!  That said the service and technical knowledge is second to none in the immediate area.

Active in Folkestone also very much impressed me when i went there.  I believe they stock Trek and Orange so worth a look if you want something a bit different
i find that it is important to build a relationship with your LBS. in my experience they look after their best customers.

I use Tri The Bike Shop in Gravesend. Excellent service and some superb bargain buckets!! I can highly recommend them.

Larkfield Cycles (between Maidstone and Sevenoaks) are pretty good for shiny bits!