This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resturant in Canterbury
Going tomorrow night with mrs, wheres a nice place to eat for you locals to the city?
If you like curry then the Jalsha is fanbloodytastic
Do like curry - trying to think of somewhere bit different or posher.  Not often the 2 of us make it out & all that.
If you like curry Chom Chom - its a kind of eat all you can, nice food, although does get busy at weekends.

Edit - if you want posher forgoet my choice then!
Dear dear, time for an expert opinion Wink

Curry - Apeksha and Ancient Raj are my favourites
Moroccan - Cafe Mauresque is excellent and the Olive grove food is great, prefer the atmosphere in mauresque though
British - The Goods Shed is my favourite place in the area.  Deeson's is also nice
Chinese - hard to see past Kudos
Thai - Bangkok House
Italian - Olive grove or Pinnochios

All IMHO of course!  If you want different and posher I'd go for the Goods Shed.  It's by Canterbury West Station, everything is sourced from the farmers market in the same building.  Prices are above average but i've always found the food to be very good
"pittgoat" Wrote:Dear dear, time for an expert opinion Wink

Curry - Apeksha and Ancient Raj are my favourites
Moroccan - Cafe Mauresque is excellent and the Olive grove food is great, prefer the atmosphere in mauresque though
British - The Goods Shed is my favourite place in the area.  Deeson's is also nice
Chinese - hard to see past Kudos
Thai - Bangkok House
Italian - Olive grove or Pinnochios

All IMHO of course!  If you want different and posher I'd go for the Goods Shed.  It's by Canterbury West Station, everything is sourced from the farmers market in the same building.  Prices are above average but i've always found the food to be very good

perfect - thanks for that.

I do know the goods shed - went there to the market 1 day -  very different & very nice.
also we will be taking the train so ideal.
Goods shed booked for 19:00

Job done - thanks again.
Goods shed tonight, fantastic food and wine.  Will be going back there for sure.

Good recommendation. Cheers.
"dgw15" Wrote:Goods shed tonight, fantastic food and wine.  Will be going back there for sure.

Good recommendation. Cheers.

I like to take the Mrs out every now and then but she's very fussy, what was the menu like she only eats chicken.
"mashley" Wrote:I like to take the Mrs out every now and then but she's very fussy, what was the menu like she only eats chicken.

In which case I hope you've taken her to nandos before?