This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man down!
crashing seems to be the fashionable thing to do lately. Had a bit of an off at Perry today :'(  Decided to try the double on the left just after the big-ish drop and might have nose dived the landing a bit :B  Went over the bars and landed very hard on my head, but have somehow done some damage to my lower left ribs. dont think i hit anything as no bruising, but was really badly winded and have chronic pain at the bottom of my rib cage and doing anything including breathing and talking is agony. Got checked out at the Estuary View minor injuries unit on the way home and she thinks it could be really bad bruising or a torn muscle, but couldn't rule out a cracked rib as they dont x ray for that there as apparently the treatment would be the same... they just dont want to spend the money! Pretty sure it is a torn muscle though as in the car, going round right hand corners was fine, but left handers made me cry. Think i will go to A&E tomorrow and get an x ray anyway just to be sure. Pain killers seem to be doing something now, can actually take deep breaths... woo hoo.

Thanks a lot for driving me back Si, and sorry for ruining another ride!
Air ambulance was at porc today due to someone binning it in the quarry although he went off in a normal ambulance in the end
Had I known you were gonna off before hand I would have brought you some Codeine as I have loads left. Made me feel nauseous so stopped taking them after 2 days.
[quote="]Had I known you were gonna off before hand I would have brought you some Codeine as I have loads left. Made me feel nauseous so stopped taking them after 2 days.[/quote"]

I could cope with feeling a bit sick if it dulls the pain! Sitting still it feels ok at the moment though, but not looking forward to getting up.
Sorry to hear that and get well soon! I don't think a&e will X-ray ribs either tbh but may be able to advise further
I've had similar when I crashed at gliderclub a few years back, winded really bad when I landed. took about 6 months to stop hurting completely. coughing and sneezing really hurt and trying to sit up after laying down was agony.

ill be suprised if you get an xray as it seems policy across the board not to do one.

Hope your not off bike long matey
"Treehugger" Wrote:I could cope with feeling a bit sick if it dulls the pain! Sitting still it feels ok at the moment though, but not looking forward to getting up.

Glad your at least feeling a bit better even if its chemically assisted!
+1 about 10 years ago.
Still hurts if I sleep on my left side :Smile
sh!t dude sorry to hear you've come a cropper. Hope you mend soon.
Keep it foolish...
Sorry to hear this news Andy. Take care matey.