This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Square meterage
Hi, I have a favour please to someone who can help. After the decking project has finished, I need to do the lawn. I'm still looking at to fake grass v real grass. I need to know the square meterage of my area. Here is a picture to give you an idea of what I mean. All measurements are in cm and are very un-accurate as I was measuring it on my own with a short tape measure. Although some of it doesn't all add up as the garden isn't all exactly square.

Thanks  Smile
can't see a picture ?
Would it help if I uploaded it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Your pic is more or less an inverted 'T' shape. Cut off the left and right bits of the 'T' leaving an 'I' shape. Work out area by multiplying one side by another. Now do the same calc to the remaining bits individually. I can't read the numbers or I'd do it for you.

Fake grass?! It's not a bloody greengrocers, get some grass seed.
Keep it foolish...
one bit of advice for a quality lawn in a new build garden (usually lumpy clay) is get some good top soil delivered 1st and rake it all out flat leave it to settlre for a week then lay turf  Wink
your pic is about 12 square meters, give or take a small amount.
Keep it foolish...
Weighing up costs of both first but need to know the size first. The garden is a state, when digging one areas up to lay some shingle I dug up a coke can, pot noodle pot, crisp packets and basically rubble not dirt!! Will need to take up plenty to lay either turf or fake grass.