This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bearing press tool
Does anyone have a kp5ax bearing press tool or know where I can get hold of one? Have tried the clamp and socket badge technique but can't get it square and don't want to ruin the bearings. Can't find much on Google either
do have a beraing tool that handles quite a few bearings - whats the internal diameter on those bearings?

main thread on mine has 12mm internal diameter (minimum bore) and presses then cover 16-17mm  to 24mm diameter (min to max shoulder diameter) for inner metal face of bearings

has a few other fittings for trickier frame areas
I have a bearing press, but would have to check sizes.
I'm also happy to help, haven't met a bearing/bush I couldn't get in/out yet Wink

Would probably mean you suffering an evening in chatham though Sad
"Tinc" Wrote:I have a bearing press, but would have to check sizes.
I'm also happy to help, haven't met a bearing/bush I couldn't get in/out yet Wink

Would probably mean you suffering an evening in chatham though Sad
Sweet, i'll pop round with some beer next time mine need changing then Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:Sweet, i'll pop round with some beer next time mine need changing then Wink

No problem Wink
It's only the Horst pivot bearings on an FSR that are interesting.
The rest are a doddle*

(*Usually)
Thanks guys.  I had another go at it yesterday and managed to get them in without too much trouble!  Practise makes perfect i guess Smile

Bizarrely my bike seems very tall now though!  Off to check the manual to make sure i put the linkages back on in the right places  Big Grin
Sunday's main link done this evening rear triangle detached - odd bearings with different width metal cylinders - press and various attachemnts pretty useful

chain device back pretty easy too and just brake attachment and new gear cable to go
"pittgoat" Wrote:Thanks guys.  I had another go at it yesterday and managed to get them in without too much trouble!  Practise makes perfect i guess Smile

Bizarrely my bike seems very tall now though!  Off to check the manual to make sure i put the linkages back on in the right places  Big Grin

Hmm all seems fine and it rode really nicely last night. Will measure the bb height just to be sure...