This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PORC DH Race 22nd May
So, this coming Sunday. Who's in? I'm there 100% but dependant on the course might, might not race!

Breezer will try and describe the course for us.
Im there and racing dont care what the course is like.
I hope to be there.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:Im there and racing dont care what the course is like.

Yeah well im a pussy at the moment. If there is to knarly stuff and the chicken lines are too long then I may deem it not worth the effort.
"mashley" Wrote:Yeah well im a pussy at the moment. If there is to knarly stuff and the chicken lines are too long then I may deem it not worth the effort.

Erm, read your sig lol Tongue
Mr Bling was up there building by himself this morning then joined by others later. From his description and walking up some of the bits its something like....

Start ramp, over table, over double from the race I did then the jump straight after it (1), off dirt jump/drop just to the right of the practise ladders (2), down slope into bigggg left hand berm, some wriggly flatish bit into a jump over a walking path which will have a ladder jump put there, small rock garden, tallish new double they were building (3), into another new double (4), right hand flat bend (5), small drop, big long table, then it somehow joins the 4x track near the last left hander and follows it over the small double then takes the right down 4x finish but continues round to the right and I believe across the last downhill of the race I did then veers left towards normal finish area

1: no chicken line now which I took on that day but its all built up now so kinda  small drop to a table so can hit it as fast as you want, to land on the old landing lip or slow as you want like I did today (and instant pinch flatted the front on my quickest run on it!)
2: about 4 foot if dropping to flat, transition is a bit of a jump to get to but you will be braking into it else will go into orbit! chicken run to left
3: chicken line to left I think, will be tricky
4: no visible chicken line other than pumping through it somehow
5: delibrately flat and not bermed to scrub off speed before next drop and big table

Note: Above may turn out to be wrong lol. Was interesting up there on a HT today doing the course I did in that race. Didnt go near that first double, refuse to believe I did it, also cant believe how bumpy it is even the "smooth" bits, roots after rock garden nearly spat me off on one run!
Just decided I am definitely going to come, will race depending on how I feel on practice run. Could I grab a lift with someone please and split the fuel? Wink
Thanks Breezer. Sounds like it could all be possible. The reason I asked was because in the last race they used a ladder drop which was v big but the chicken run was stupidly long and would of added loads of seconds to a run.

That double is easy at the top and you was clearing it easily in the race runs. It's all in your head! (says fairy ass me :B!)
"Treehugger" Wrote:Just decided I am definitely going to come, will race depending on how I feel on practice run. Could I grab a lift with someone please and split the fuel? Wink

Yes, you can come with me. As long as no one from Ashford pipes up wanting a lift as it'll be easier for me. We should all say no to you to encourage you to get a car! It'll be good if you can come as we've not raced dh together yet and I'd like to see how we fair against each other!
I'll be going hopefully.