This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiropractor
Anyone ever used one and was it worth it?
Ric aka NOT4ROADUSE has been banging on about the one he saw being very good.

See: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1305041257/">http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1305041257/</a><!-- m -->

What have you done?
As someone married to a Phsio, she would kill me if I didn't pass on her disgust at the thought of someone going to a chiropractor.

In her words, a chiropractor is good at sorting problems short term and getting ride of the pain. A physiotherapist will look for the root cause of the problem and treat that, it may take longer but will prove to be a far better long term solution. eg you may have a bad back, which the chiro will sort, but that may actually be caused by a weak knee, causing you to walk differently without you really knowing, the physio would sort the knee, which in term would solve the back. (I've completely made up that senario but you get what I mean).
&quot;redwinnie&quot; Wrote:As someone married to a Phsio, she would kill me if I didn't pass on her disgust at the thought of someone going to a chiropractor.

In her words, a chiropractor is good at sorting problems short term and getting ride of the pain. A physiotherapist will look for the root cause of the problem and treat that, it may take longer but will prove to be a far better long term solution.

Without wanting to upset the apple cart...

1) completely agree with the above

2) as someone about to marry an osteopath she would kill me if i didn't say the way an osteopath treats a patient is more thorough and effective than a physio.  The guy i see is an osteopath and physiotherapist and even he says the osteopath training is much more comprehensive.  I think he draws on both though

Personally i wouldn't see i chiropractor, but then i guess different people have different experiences!
Osteopaths get my vote. I once upon a time had some pretty bad back ache. A few visits over a few weeks and all gone.
I'll have to lend my vote to the Osteopaths too, as the missus is one.
Physio's are better  Tongue

Both are good just don't see a chiropractor and you'll be fine. If you want someone to charge you a fortune to walk on your back and click all your bones I'm sure there are loads of people on here that would do if for free.
Osteo's for me, got me walking again and were very comprehensive in medical history and cause of said problem. Never had that with physio's, nowhere near as much 'what exactly is the problem'
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
OK may consider an Osteo.

Been having headaches every day pretty much all day for 2 weeks now, with a stiff neck/shoulders. When I crashed on saturday the only pain I felt was in my neck. I am pretty sure the problem is at the top of my neck/base of my skull and is causing ghost pain elsewhere which is now extending down between my shoulder blades.

Its not from any accident, i think just continual over use/unnatural alignment from all the DH riding I have been doing.
[quote=&quot;]OK may consider an Osteo.[/quote&quot;]

I've not got a problem with that, but if it helps the private practice my wife works at is is Wye. So that may be convenient for you. (there are about 10 physios there so you won't have to see my wife)