This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of the Meta
Here she is, my warranty replacement 08 Meta 5 VIP frame  ;D. To those that dont know i cracked the last one on a weld around the linkage plates.

resim
resim

New additions since the last build
resim
E-Thirteen DRS chain guide

resim
Had the Pikes Pushed and TF Tunes

Full Spec:
2008 Commencal Meta 5 VIP Frame with Fox RP23
2008 RS 454 Dual Air Pikes - Pushed and TF Tuned
SLX double Cranks with 36t and 22t
E Thirteen DRS Chain device
DMR v8 pedals (there shit, going to change)
LX shifters
Deore front Mech
XT Shadow rear Mech
XT cassette and KMC chain
Cane Creek S3 Headset
Hayes Nine brakes with 8 inch rotor up front a 6 inch at the rear
Lizard Skin peaty lock ons
Raceface Atlas AM Low rise 685mm Bar
Raceface Evolve 70mm AM stem
Raceface Evolve seat post
Charge Spoon saddle
Hope Pro 11s hubs on Mavic AM719 rims
Panaracer Rampage 2.35 rear and Super Tacky version Rampage 2.35 front
Lots of copter tape.

Wouldnt change a thing my dream bike.
looks nice, lucky b*astard  Big Grin
just dont go breaking it this time  Wink
what do you think of the E13? Dose it create any drag in th drivetrain like my Blackspire? That is the one remaining thing i am tempted to get before buying the new bike.
Do the forks feel much different than before?

Steve- Are you copying me in getting a pitch now thenSmile
"Treehugger" Wrote:what do you think of the E13? Dose it create any drag in th drivetrain like my Blackspire? That is the one remaining thing i am tempted to get before buying the new bike.
Do the forks feel much different than before?

Steve- Are you copying me in getting a pitch now thenSmile

saw one the  today in the err skin metal and fell in love  Big Grin
The E13 seems really good, no drag yet but then time will tell if the bearings last.

Forks are much plusher, the small bump sensitivity is improved. i did think that i had to much air in them on the last ride so im taking a bit out.
I'v officially given up with my chainguide. Tried it again this evening and the bearing is so crap the roller won't even turn! It's going in the bin unless i can find an upgraded roller/bearings.
"Treehugger" Wrote:what do you think of the E13? Dose it create any drag in th drivetrain like my Blackspire?

you were that quick with drag in the drivechain? Damn. Might have to add sand to your hubs to slow you down.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:you were that quick with drag in the drivechain? Damn. Might have to add sand to your hubs to slow you down.
Na i took it off months ago. Seeing Russ's new one made me try mine out again, but the bearing in the pully is utter crap, so unless i can get a better pully with proper bearings it's in the dustbin!