This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could I borrow a bike?
Hi all,

I'm meeting up with some uni mates on the 2/3rd July.  We've arranged a weekend riding in the peaks but 2 of the guys don't have bikes.  Would any kind hearted Sketchy souls be able to lend me a spare bike or two for that weekend?  Borrowing would be with the understanding that i'll be with them at all times, they won't be ridden hard but if anything is damaged the guys will pay for it to be fixed.  Size medium would be about right for them.  Oh and the bikes will of course be returned clean!

Thanks all
Are there no places where bikes can be hired for the day up there? Less to cart round with the added bonus of not needing to worry about someone else bike getting broke.
[quote="]Are there no places where bikes can be hired for the day up there? Less to cart round with the added bonus of not needing to worry about someone else bike getting broke.[/quote"]

Its pretty expensive to hire bikes.  Ã‚£40 a day last time which for 2 people riding 2 days adds up pretty quickly!
OT: Got route planned? I did a ride over the farce that is Jacobs Ladder last year, should have Gpx at home if interested http://www.complexdreams.com/pics/bikes/...%20Ladder/
I have a Giant GSR in large  - its a halfords special & about 5 years old - just used to cycle to train station etc.  Depends what kind or riding you will be doing i guess if this will fit your purpose or not.  Pottering along fireroads = fine, proper biking obviously not.
My Diamondback is at your disposal if needed
Derek - will need to be off-road capable so thanks but will prob pass on that one. Mike - thank you, will arrange a pickup nearer the time.

Darren - what's wrong with Jacobs ladder? I fancied giving that a go. Have routes planned from justgoride and from a guide book I used last time
Welcome to borrow the trek I got from blackers, think its a 3500. ht, v brakes.
Its an unrideable runt thats whats wrong with it and anyone who claims to have ridden it is speaking utter tosh  Big Grin

Attached the ride I did so you can take a nose. I had to cut onto the road towards the end for one bit due to the head wind maiming me, started in the car park at Edale station, good ride though, wrote about it in my mtb road trip thread in general section, page 5 maybe

Attached Files
.gpx   Less than 1 minute ago">jacobs_ladder_6993.gpx (Size: 103.83 KB / Downloads: 0)
"Breezer" Wrote:Its an unrideable runt thats whats wrong with it and anyone who claims to have ridden it is speaking utter tosh  Big Grin

Attached the ride I did so you can take a nose. I had to cut onto the road towards the end for one bit due to the head wind maiming me, started in the car park at Edale station, good ride though, wrote about it in my mtb road trip thread in general section, page 5 maybe

I rode all the way down it on a spesh hardrock ht with RST gila forks mate. But Nick it was such a chore to get there for it.