This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRAM shifters X7 Vs X9 Vs X0
I'm looking at getting some new shifters.
So I've started looking at SRAM, I know that I need a new mech which is not an issue.

Any adivce on X7, X9 or X0?

(Possibly swaying towards X9)
"Holmes81" Wrote:I'm looking at getting some new shifters.
So I've started looking at SRAM, I know that I need a new mech which is not an issue.

Any adivce on X7, X9 or X0?

(Possibly swaying towards X9)

Hi Ben

haven't seen you for ages, its reg used to ride Mereworth with you and Barry

XO always seems way too dear and mechs were very fragile and not good in kent mud, that said i've always used shimano. assume those shifters are all pretty similar weights though
I'm running x0 mech and shifters on 1 bike and x9 shifters x0 mech on another.  They have had a beating and never had an issue.  Had mech bend in race, stopped bent back, carried on no probs.

Heard a lot about their frailness, I've not experienced any of it.
X-9 on my new bike, been a long time since I last ran SRAM, I do prefer it to shimano though, shifting just seems more positive. Anyway no problems with X-9 so far, although to be fair I dont change gear very often.
X7 on mine. Work perfectly.
always had XO and never had any problems......(touchs wood)
Just changed up from XT to X.0 and love them. Got XX on the race bike and they are super smooth
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Just changed up from XT to X.0 and love them. Got XX on the race bike and they are super smooth

You are way to rich Rich.  Smile
Have XO on both bikes and it's super smooth. Never had a problem with it, bent a cage in Afan (crashed in to a tree), bent back, works fine.
"General Sparks" Wrote:Have XO on both bikes and it's super smooth. Never had a problem with it, bent a cage in Afan (crashed in to a tree), bent back, works fine.

By standing on it...  Big Grin
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon