This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalby Forest
Who has been to Dalby.....is it just xc?

I have been offered a free cottage for the weekend just 30 mins away but is it worth the trip? Dont have an xc bike so looking for dh or mini bike park (think chicksands) sort of stuff.
I would say not for you then, there is a 4x track and some jumps but its not great, the pump track was bad, I had some fun on the northshore for a while, rest is xc, long red route then the black world cup one which I got lost on, you could do that on the blood with a long post. Was about £7 to get in to park, see mini write up somewhere on here http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1285016342/   and more photos here http://www.complexdreams.com/pics/bikes/...%20Forest/
thanks, I tried to find the mini write up but I cant ever seem to find anything searching for stuff on here. Looking on the FC site it seems the 'bike park' is closed.
The WC xc were there 2 weeks back and they went through the 4x track last year so it was prob marked off and maybe website just hasnt been updated
Got to get myself up there, love to have a loop or 2 of the wc course.
Good luck finding it. I followed the signs for the black route, had two attemps but both were short and totally different to the map board at the start, best find a gpx. Also crossed a load of boardwalk northshore at one point, no idea which trail that was on!