This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Stem, 70mm, oversized.
Does anyone have a spare stem, 70 mm, oversized for sale? I have had enough of my 110mm, and feel that I would be more comfortable sitting further back into my saddle.
I may. I vagually recall buying 2 70mm ish oversize stems so I think I have a spare. If you PM Yankee he may be able to look in my box of spares for me.
I'll have a look tonight or tomorrow.
Sounds good. Many thanks. Smile
He found it, which is quite something as my spares boxes are more of a pile components.

Its a Bontrager 70mm +/- 17 degree Select oversize. It looks exactly like this but shorter. Unused.

resim

If its any good to you £7 plus cost of postage, or collection from Yankee
I will take it as it will give me the opportunity to try out a revised seating arrangement as I review my cockpit/seating position.

I am not sure of my ideal stem size at present.

Please pm location, I might collect.    
PM sent.  In Kemsing, Sevenoaks.
Many thanks Blackers - stem is fitted and my seating position now feels normal. I will give it a full run Sunday.

;D ;D
Excellent. Glad to hear it. I ran a stock 100mm for yonks before borrowing a 70mm from Breezer. It was perfect so I bought one. Only to then discover that Breezer's was in fact 80mm and he didnt realise. Big Grin

But the 70mm is great.
Actually no, it is 70 as I measured it again recently and remembered that incident! You just have to be careful and measure it centre to centre