This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap car insurance?
Well, it looks like i am gonna have a vehicle sooner than i thought Smile so am now looking for cheap car insurance. Anyone got any recomendations?
At least 13 years no claims for a start, otherwise there is no such thing.

Please please tell us 'somebody' is buying it for you and that it is coming presented with a Leatt on the back seat
Who are your parents insured with? Places like Admiral do very good multicar deals and providing your parents dont have loads of points or convictions stick them onto your insurance as well Smile
Tesco
I've always found Direct Line to be the cheapest for me.
Cheapest doesnt mean best.

Some of the most competitive:

Elephant
Tesco
Budget
Admiral

Theyre all money grabbing barstweards anyway.

Just never ever go with swiftcover for as long as breezer is single. Swiftcover are pikey crooks run by morons who employ staff with iq the equivalent of dog sick.
"Matt Saunby" Wrote:Who are your parents insured with? Places like Admiral do very good multicar deals and providing your parents dont have loads of points or convictions stick them onto your insurance as well Smile
So is it cheaper to have them insured on it too? I havent had to insure a car for over 4 years so i have no idea.

More Than and Admiral have been cheapest so far. It would be surprisingly cheap, if i didn't get done for speeding 2 years ago. That has added £200 to most of them :'( What would happen if i don't tell them about that, would the policy be null and void, or just have to pay the extra IF i have to claim?
Shop around, use the online comaprisons but never buy through that, check the individual co.s.

Don't believe ANYTHING they claim to cover unless you have read the small print.
"Treehugger" Wrote:So is it cheaper to have them insured on it too? I havent had to insure a car for over 4 years so i have no idea.

More Than and Admiral have been cheapest so far. It would be surprisingly cheap, if i didn't get done for speeding 2 years ago. That has added £200 to most of them :'( What would happen if i don't tell them about that, would the policy be null and void, or just have to pay the extra IF i have to claim?

If you fail to tell them anything then you wont be covered and you commit Fraud. Its a complete waste of money paying for insurance based on untrue facts because they wont pay out anyway.
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:If you fail to tell them anything then you wont be covered and you commit Fraud. Its a complete waste of money paying for insurance based on untrue facts because they wont pay out anyway.
Ok cheers. I've been looking fully comp so far, and although i can afford it i don't think i can bring myself to pay that much to the money grabbing scum, so think i will go third party fire & theft unless i can find somewhere cheaper.