This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon ride wales 2011
So I know road riding is close to all your hearts  Smile

No.......nor mine tbh.  But I'd pre booked this ages ago with my brother in law - went & done the 120km yesterday (was more like 115k) - over 4000 people doing different distances - 120 being the popular one.

One of the climbs was almost 600m non stop, just about blew my legs.

Anyway they cocked up the timing for some but at the moment I stand as the fastest with a time of 3:23  - pretty good even if I say so myself - felt like I was flying, looked at the garmin at the 2hour mark & had covered 73km.  Shows what having loads of people to try & overtake & aim at can do for your motivation  Smile.

Now - to put the road bike on ebay...........start a fund for a xc race bike.
Seems a shame for you to give up road riding mate....   it is just about the best trainingfor xc too...

Great going at both Bedge and Dragon....  a successful weekend !!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Road riding is only for people who have far to much time on their hands and who can replace wheels every ride due to the state of our roads lol. Great result Derek even if they take the win away from you. How did your brother in law el'Contador get on? Think I need to buy myself some speed as well as obviously that was the only difference between us at Bedgebury  Big Grin
Well done Mr D  ;D
Well done Derek 8)
Great result well done matey.
Great result mate! Really on a flyer at the moment! What you are really saying is that if we dont at least podium at SITS its my fault right?  ??)
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I dont think Derek believed me when I said our pairs entry for the BBD was that he would be riding 6hrs solo and I would simply be handing out water bottles
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Seems a shame for you to give up road riding mate....   it is just about the best trainingfor xc too...

Great going at both Bedge and Dragon....  a successful weekend !!

Yeh great weekend - road riding is fine - tbh most of my miles are road miles as easy to get out for some quick miles on legs that way.  Thing is I hate riding on mail busy roads so tend to use the quiet back ones with little on them - then the problem is they are cut up pretty bad - road bike just feels like its getting smashed up.  So I took a leaf out of Rich's book - slicked up the HT mtb & use it all the time now, can roll over the worst tarmac, bunny hop the potholes & still average a good speed.   Use it on the rollers also.

May keep the road bike - not sure.  Want a light xc bike though so will have to give it some thought.
&quot;treaclesponge&quot; Wrote:Great result mate! Really on a flyer at the moment! What you are really saying is that if we dont at least podium at SITS its my fault right?  ??)

No mate - I will be the weakest link there for sure, scared of the dark so hoping you can come with me on my night laps.   If you dont I'll have to take my comfort blanket & it may get stuck in the spokes.