This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticks
I owe thanks to whoever posted about ticks a year or two back. It may have been Buzz.

I acquired a large one 1 cm above my right nipple a couple of days back. remembering what I read I resisted the urge to beat the hell out of it and instead went and found some tweezers. It took some pulling to remove it and it went mental when it came loose but all was well.
"Blackers" Wrote:I owe thanks to whoever posted about ticks a year or two back. It may have been Buzz.

I acquired a large one 1 cm above my right nipple a couple of days back. remembering what I read I resisted the urge to beat the hell out of it and instead went and found some tweezers. It took some pulling to remove it and it went mental when it came loose but all was well.

Hopefully you then tapped it with a hammer  :X
IIRC Bruce Parry or those other two chaps stayed with a tribe that believed you should eat the heart of your vanquished foes.... Wink :X
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
If you get cold/flu like symptoms go to the doctor immediately make sure you mention about the tick bite , could be Lyme disease , a mate of mine got that once very nasty  ??)
Good advice about being vigilant for Lyme disease.  Lyme disease is only carried by deer ticks (EDIT: In the US), which are very tiny and not all that common.  It's more likely that you had a dog/wood tick.  I've had those on me a few times, and pulled countless ones off my dog when I lived in the States.
resim
PS See you in a few days bruv.
"Yankee" Wrote:Good advice about being vigilant for Lyme disease.  Lyme disease is only carried by deer ticks (EDIT: In the US), which are very tiny and not all that common.  It's more likely that you had a dog/wood tick.  I've had those on me a few times, and pulled countless ones off my dog when I lived in the States.
resim
PS See you in a few days bruv.

they look pretty different when the body swells up with blood and so body looks 4 times larger and legs look really small

lots of places that do XC races in UK on large private estates have deer - so not that uncommon and also deer in lots of forests/woods in kent and south downs etc

guy we knew taking pictures in long grass at mountain mayhem at Eastnor (also a deer park) got one in an unfortunate place
It was big, and flat so it hadnt been feeding long. I had my arms and legs smothered in deet so I think it wandered up my body until it found my undeeted man breasts.
Not at all good mate, glad you knew what to do with the little blighter!
"Yankee" Wrote:PS See you in a few days bruv.

Looking forward to it Bro.

Make sure that bike is primed and ready to go about 6 miles before i die be ridden hard!
"Blackers" Wrote:Looking forward to it Bro.

Make sure that bike is primed and ready to go about 6 miles before i die be ridden hard!

Your bike is in better shape than mine.  I've got a squeaky pivot and some chain rub on the FD that I'm having trouble dialing out.  And I think my fork needs a service, or a replacement (may need help doing this on the down low).  The compression/lockout adjuster does nothing, I'm only getting about 100 out of 140mm of travel, and it doesn't seem to move on small trail chatter.  Maybe I should just buy a new bike  ;D .