This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading files
This is as much an enquiry as it is a request, and you must bear with me as I am not as good with the 'puter stuff as some of you guys. I know that you can link to pictures that are already on-line, (see the lovely shots I put onto SteveT's page) but is there a way of uploading pics directly to the forum? Or do forums not work like that? I only ask as I could potentially upload pics into the Sketchy Facebook page and then link to them, but I just wasn't sure.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:This is as much an enquiry as it is a request, and you must bear with me as I am not as good with the 'puter stuff as some of you guys. I know that you can link to pictures that are already on-line, (see the lovely shots I put onto SteveT's page) but is there a way of uploading pics directly to the forum? Or do forums not work like that? I only ask as I could potentially upload pics into the Sketchy Facebook page and then link to them, but I just wasn't sure.

you could easily upload photos to the Sketchy MTB facebook and link to them here, just use the usual way once you have uploadeed them to facebook.

The problem with having a forum where you can upload photos on to the actual forum eg: straight from your computer and store them on the forum is that it would take up far to much bandwith and space and start to eat into ade's wallet, when he would much rather buy new stuff for his bike  Wink

i think im right saying that  Big Grin as per usual though take what i say with a pinch of salt Tongue
Cool, i thought that might be the case, it's not even as though I have any good pics to upload, but I just wanted to check.
Keep it foolish...
I think Steve summed it up perfectly