This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Kent Ride Sun 11th
Me and Mrs Abzz doing the Great Kent tomorrow (Sunday 11th) as a warm up for the L2B next week. Starts and finishes from Ashford 60m and 35m routes. Will look at the forecast and do the 60 if the rain is going to hold off or 35 miles if its rainy! Wish, I had Dereck's legs we could have it done in 2 1/2 hours Smile will probably be a 5 hour marathon  for us :Smile
Great ride, did the 60m route, started at about 8.40 so rain held off, just some light stuff near the end  Smile

4hrs 17min riding time, stopped for a while at the Rare Breeds centre (mistake as they made you push your bike 100m so as not to frighten the other customers  :Smile) Legs a bit stiff but all good for next week  8)
Just saw your thread, I did it yesterday as well!

I've just about recovered... did the long route on my full suss, was hilarious over taking all the lycra clad roadies  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Nice one mate!
yup lots of MTBs out yesterday, as discussed elsware in the forum I think a good spec (light) slick shod HT would be the ideal tool for most charity rides, as you are not racing, but not quite as quick overall as a nice light full roadie can be.