This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying online from outside the UK
I've been eyeing out the GoPro for ages now and I see that Jenson USA have pretty damn good prices as everything is US prices converted into Sterling. My question is, has anybody used them before and did you get done on import tax?
" Wrote:I've been eyeing out the GoPro for ages now and I see that Jenson USA have pretty damn good prices as everything is US prices converted into Sterling. My question is, has anybody used them before and did you get done on import tax?

I got my xo rear mech from them and had to pay import tax but still saved loads.
" Wrote:I've been eyeing out the GoPro for ages now and I see that Jenson USA have pretty damn good prices as everything is US prices converted into Sterling. My question is, has anybody used them before and did you get done on import tax?

I would have pan faced my way through the "nothing to declare" for you if you had posted a few days back. But ive left America now.
I think it depends who they ship it with UPS and one of the other big companies add it automatically  :Smile I ordered a few bits for my boat from the states and some have been charged others haven't  Wink
"Blackers" Wrote:I would have pan faced my way through the "nothing to declare" for you if you had posted a few days back. But ive left America now.

Mule  :X Big Grin ??)
TOTAL IMPORT COST Wink
"Blackers" Wrote:I would have pan faced my way through the "nothing to declare" for you if you had posted a few days back. But ive left America now.

I've just spent a load on a bike, GoPro might have to wait just a little bit longer. Thinking about it, you could have brought a bike back. D'Oh!

Cheers for that link Wideload. Even with import duty it's cheaper than buying it in Britain Sad  >Sad
Might start buying more stuff from the US and just paying the import duty if it's going to work out cheaper.
[quote author=]

Might start buying more stuff from the US and just paying the import duty if it's going to work out cheaper.[/quote]

Warranty issues are a bit of a pain though  Undecided all depends how much you'd save
"Wideload" Wrote:Warranty issues are a bit of a pain though  Undecided all depends how much you'd save

Yeah, it would likely only be on smaller items (say under £300) and if the saving was worth it. That said, I can't see there being any issues with them honouring warranties.
i've no doubt they would honour them, was thinking more along the lines of the hassle/cost and time of shipping back across the pond  Wink