This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Cycling Fitness Fast
Now as some of you know ive spent most of the last 3 years either getting fit or being off the bike injured. And once again I find myself needing to get fit, but a little more urgently as SITS is soon.

Ive been back 4 days and ridden twice and it is clear that this time I have a different obstacles to overcome. My legs are incredibly weak. Cardio is bad but not as bad as I was expecting. My weight is about spot on. And my back is likely to be a little painful. But my legs are just useless and I cant climb....its shameful  :B. That was the only thing I was good at! Apart from chatting anyway.

So I need to build strength in my legs quickly. Does anybody know the quickest way I can do this? Weights at the gym is possible as ive just joined one, and I plan to ride as much as possible.

"Just ride your bike" isnt the answer im looking for either. I do that anyway. I need something extra.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Or specific exercises? Types of weights to use at the gym? Foods? etc...
EPO covered in some meat sauce
"Breezer" Wrote:EPO covered in some meat sauce

Or could I have a bag or two of your "welsh fresh aired blood" please?
Intervals. You're welcome.
Similar situation (although not as exciting) and Intervals is the answer - Im sessioning the TT using an online web Turbo session site and the Sufferfest DVD.

thing Ive found is my cardio is "ok" but likewise, any incline and Im a wreck.

We should get out mate.... soon.
If you can watch a youtube videa of how to do air squats and lunges, strengthening your legs this way gives you more power on the pedals and better endurance.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Similar situation (although not as exciting) and Intervals is the answer - Im sessioning the TT using an online web Turbo session site and the Sufferfest DVD.

thing Ive found is my cardio is "ok" but likewise, any incline and Im a wreck.

We should get out mate.... soon.

Cheers Mike.

Ben - ditto - and which evening next week?
Any apart from Thursday.

Assuming BBH Weds is good for you inclusive.
I can do Bedgebury next Tuesday night perhaps......
"Breezer" Wrote:I can do Bedgebury next Tuesday night perhaps......

I could do that too, but "recovery" is just as important as riding I keep getting told.