This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy logo poll winners - have your say!
Here are the top 3 logos from our first poll.  This is your final chance to have your say about improvements and tweaks you'd like to see - or you can just have a go at improving them yourself.  This thread will run for a short time (a week or so) until we have 3 good final logos to put to a second and last poll

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Logo one chaining OK but the relation between the wording & the chainring is too wide / tall for a logo

Logo two font is my favourite but loose the bike and prehaps replace with chainring from logo one but prehaps slightly smaller

Logo three, still has all the classic ness of Sketchy & wouldnt bother me if this was retained  

So to summerise

I'd have Logo 3 format, but with Logo 2 Font & logo one chainring at the end.. If I was clever enough I'd knock that up... but I'm not  Sad
I now have cutouts on my desk to play with & Jimmy's Chainring & "S" replacing the "S" of hand dramn sketchy also looks good IMHO
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:I now have cutouts on my desk to play with & Jimmy's Chainring & "S" replacing the "S" of hand dramn sketchy also looks good IMHO

Pic or it didnt happen.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:I now have cutouts on my desk to play with & Jimmy's Chainring & "S" replacing the "S" of hand dramn sketchy also looks good IMHO

This one then  ;D
logo 2 still my favourite but if the font was in red
Number 2 is too different to the existing imo. After all this faffing i'm thinking we should just fiddle with the original and make it more slick. We have built a reputation and an identity that we should look to retain.
"Blackers" Wrote:Number 2 is too different to the existing imo. After all this faffing i'm thinking we should just fiddle with the original and make it more slick. We have built a reputation and an identity that we should look to retain.

+1
Anyone with a jersey now would more or less feel they 'have' to buy a new one. Not something we can all afford. If the logo remains similar it's merely a refresh still recognisable as Sketchy.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Not enough generic rock/hiphop blackletter font here!

i did an early offering of kidnap style lettering, too negative...

Here's my take on a new jimmy, but lettering upright and no shine.

Keep it foolish...