This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner first MTB trip advice
I have been riding for a year now and really enjoy it although have stuck to mostly Blean, Kings wood and a visit to Bedgebury.  All of which i have enjoyed but i was thinking about doing a two day trip with a friend.  Somewhere we can get to early morning from Kent so no further really than South Wales.  Really enjoy singletrack rides ion the woods and open routes with some views.  

Any advice on where to go for first trip?  Budget isn't huge though.  I was initially thinking Brecon Beacons trail center.

Thanks in advance.
Afan would be well worth considering for a weekend.  Very good trails there!!
Agree with Pittgoat, Afan is great.

If you are going in the week I can personally recommend Afan Lodge to stay at, good beer & food and great showers and plenty of trail knowledge from the owners to help you on your way and also secure bike storage.

The lodge is nearly always booked for the weekends but give them a ring you never know.
The travel lodge in port talbot is cheap and cheerful and there is a pub restaurant opposite. They will also let you keep your bike in the room if it's not covered in mud, if it is they will let you lock it up in their boiler room. We paid about £ 22 a night per person sharing which includes all you can east premier breakfast.
Definitely recommend afan, if your on a budget id say camp at the drop off. its 5 pound a night, all facilities on sight including secure lock up and very good bike shop plus cafe is now open. All trails are ride distance too.
Thanks for all your replies.  I quite fancy a good bit of mileage as a test but want to stay within my ability level.