This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike cleaning indoors.
So I live in a flat and have no outdoor cleaning facilities. What does everyone else do who lives in a flat?

Here is my solution...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I should add that I have a flexible hand holdable shower head.
Ive done that although when in a house, but bathroom was downstairs...

pick yourself up a second hand dirtworker or whatever the newer ones are called, should be able to get one for £50 then you can wash after rides. If riding locally and your car isnt near enough for a power source (and you havent bought the more expensive one with built in battery), do what I do and have an old car battery with a set of leads going to a female cigeratte socket and I use it that way, thats how ive cleaned my bike for ages as never had a proper outside tape/hose setup
"Breezer" Wrote:Ive done that although when in a house, but bathroom was downstairs...

pick yourself up a second hand dirtworker or whatever the newer ones are called, should be able to get one for £50 then you can wash after rides. If riding locally and your car isnt near enough for a power source (and you havent bought the more expensive one with built in battery), do what I do and have an old car battery with a set of leads going to a female cigeratte socket and I use it that way, thats how ive cleaned my bike for ages as never had a proper outside tape/hose setup

Dirtworker is definitely on the cards for payday, but the handheld shower head works pretty damn well up until I get one. Good thing the gf was out. I don't think she'll approve. I've posted the same photo to facebook so the reaction when she sees it should be pretty priceless.
I couldnt survive in the winter without my dirtworker, if it broke i would replace it immediately.

Usually in winter wash bike down straight after ride, if i cant be assed i drive home, leave bike in car quickly while i pop up to flat and get a bucket of hot water and then use that and dirtworker outside flat in carpark.

Sometimes i just take bike up dirty.
Oh i have one of those garden sprayers to but ive not used it since having the dirtworker, they dont really work well enough.

Should have my own garden by the end of the summer  Smile Smile
"Buzz" Wrote:Sometimes i just take bike up dirty.

LOL

i've stooped to using the shower for my bike too, got an outside hose / tap but due to freezing in the winter the neighbour turned it off which was an arse.
Keep it foolish...
haha hope you got it all cleaned up before Mel got home.

Great ride today, 5 hours on the trails is a brilliant way to spend a saturday. Plus the trails had held up really well after the rain.
[quote author=]

Dirtworker is definitely on the cards for payday, but the handheld shower head works pretty damn well up until I get one. Good thing the gf was out. I don't think she'll approve. I've posted the same photo to facebook so the reaction when she sees it should be pretty priceless.[/quote]

hahahaha, the reaction was as expected. She was not happy!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Did this the other day because it was too cold outside cba

Didnt quite clean up properly afterwards . . . . .the gf kinda guessed what i had been up to  >Sad

She didnt talk to me for hours  ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />