This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubles
I've never really liked doubles but recently I've tried to improve, I eventually managed the two race doubles at porc but I think my technique needs work. My approach has always been go as fast as I can and hope for the best.

I was sessioning a double at kingswood last night, its not that big at all, first few times a cleared no problems but then started hanging up slightly even when hitting it same speed if not faster. fifth time I hit it at same speed but seemed to boost of the lip really fast and shot up in the air, screamed like a girl and cleared the landing.

Anyway the point is I can't work out what I did different but want to try and figure it out to improve, I now realise technique is much more important than just speed and if I can improve it will make doubles easier for me. So pumping the lip, is it just the front to pump into the lip or the whole bike almost like a bounce hop if that makes sense, advice please from anyone who is confident on doubles ?
i try to pump the centre of the bike so you get a boost and are more stable in the air if that makes sence??
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:i try to pump the centre of the bike so you get a boost and are more stable in the air if that makes sence??

That makes sense, when do you do it, lip, start of take off, middle ?
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:That makes sense, when do you do it, lip, start of take off, middle ?

just before the lip
I wish I could help you here Si but I really don't know how to do it. I'm just self taught so do what feels right. Speed does play a part as you have to have the right speed to clar the gap. Pumping the bike into the take off to compress the suspension and get a kick, then try to stay level as much as you can, when you can see the landing, extend your arms to push the front wheel down, aiming for a spot on the downslope to land cleanly.
Unweight the bike as you run up to the jump, pump the bike into the face of the jump, this predominately comes from the feet, timing is a major part and just comes with practice. The amount you pump depends on speed which is used to control distance, ie pump a lot for more pop if you think you arent carrying the speed to get into the landing. If you try too hard you will just end up yanking the bars one way or another and getting all sketchy, trick is to try and stay smooth, be confident and commit.
"mashley" Wrote:I wish I could help you here Si but I really don't know how to do it. I'm just self taught so do what feels right. Speed does play a part as you have to have the right speed to clar the gap. Pumping the bike into the take off to compress the suspension and get a kick, then try to stay level as much as you can, when you can see the landing, extend your arms to push the front wheel down, aiming for a spot on the downslope to land cleanly.

Is is right to quote myself? I was tired last night and have just re read this. Is sounds quite helpful, did I really write it?  Tongue
All replys are very helpful. Si, I know exactly what you mean about trying to hard and landing badly. Once that double in kings is better it will be perfect for practice