This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chain Device
I'm finding I'm not using the granny a lot, or the big ring for that matter, and am very tempted to give 1x9 a go.

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced chain device for 32 teeth (but can fit a 34)? My budget is £50 to £70.

The Blackspire C4 STX and the slightly more expensive e13 ss+ look reasonable, but I have very little experience of chain devices in general.
Hmm wish i didn't look at these for you as i just realised how much i got raped for the E13 LG1 i had to buy in Morzine :o :'(  If you definitely want to go single ring i would suggest saving a bit of weight and getting one with a Taco instead of a bash guard. My LG1 was absolutely faultless in France so i would have to recommend the LS1. Couldn't find the C4 STX but i think all the Blackspire's are ugly. MRP G2's are supposed to be very good but only the steel version is in your price range so will be heavy. Straitline Silent Guide looks interesting if you want zero maitainance but from £99 so may be too much. Alternatively you could go double and bash and keep the granny if you need it, in which case i would go for a Blackspire Stinger.
If you’re just after something to stop your chain coming off have a look at an e.thirteen XCX. It’s just a chain guild but brought one for a friend for his birthday and he gives it a two thumbs up score. Got it from biketart and its defiantly in your budget.
Ended up going with an LS1, as I like the look without a bash. Seems effective so far on my rides to the pub! Cheers for the recommendation as I hadn't looked at that before!
"martianjack" Wrote:Ended up going with an LS1, as I like the look without a bash. Seems effective so far on my rides to the pub! Cheers for the recommendation as I hadn't looked at that before!

Good choice! If i didn't drop the chain on the insane braking bumps in the Alps your sure as hell not gonna drop it round Surrey Hills.