This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any idea how to fix this (nonbike related)
I filled it with ronseal wood filla but it still broke ? Any ideas?

resim
Did you do exactly what it said on the tin?
"Breezer" Wrote:Did you do exactly what it said on the tin?

Yesssss..... ??)
No more nails
If it has another cupboard next to it drill through and nut and bolt it.

If not duct tape Wink

Stop smashing the cupboard doors in Wink
super glue
Thanks Mike for a sensible solution , one of the kids broke it whilst I was away.....
I have some hinges with little rawl plugs built in - they might work.
I also have some expanding rubber gromets - they might work.

I'd fill the holes with epoxy resin (Araldite) then fit a plate with rawl plugs, let it dry over night, then do the screws up & fit the hinge. It'll out last the rest if the cupboard ;D
I can post the bits you need if you like Undecided

Failing that drill through & fit bolts Wink
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:Stop smashing the back doors in Wink

Is the bit of the hinge that we cannot see sunken into the door? If not, remove the hinge unit and move it down a couple of inches.

If it's sunken into the door and cannot be moved, try a mix of sawdust and strong glue (no more nails or similar) to fill the holes, give it a day or so to set, sand it flat then use a bradawl or fresh countersinking screws to screw into the now repaired surface.

Bloody kids.
Keep it foolish...
I agree Bloody kids....... Wink

Will have a try again today or tomorrow and tell you how i get on.

Mike the hinge is sunken into the door so i cannot reposition