This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropper posts
I know this was done lots a while ago but things do move on.

I don't have the cash now but what are the right doppers to be looking at? Must have a bar-mounted remote and must not need servicing after avery few rides!!

So, what are the choices?
Rock Shox Reverb
Crank Bros Joplin 4
KS pure racing
Specialized Command Post
Gravity Dropper.

None are 100% reliable.
KS i950s are as long as you dont ride in gritty conditions  Wink   (when the lever can get a bit stiff) my original ones been serviced once in 18 months.

Depends what size your hole is mudmonkey (probably big knowing you), if its 30.9 or 31.6 then any of the below (if its bigger then shim it like I did on the Fritzz). If its smaller ie 27.2-30.8 then only options are gravity dropper (clunky and basic but less to go wrong), KS i7 if you can ever find one or a x fusion hilo which need a bit more attention

You are talking £170 odd or more with remote...
Damn, I was hoping prices would have tumbled by now, no such luck!
Second hand £100 ish maybe but if doing that I would only consider one of mine or a gravity dropper
I have the Specialized Command Post and it works very well, the only draw back is that it only has 3 height settings. Up, Down and in the middle. - Which to be fair is all I ever want, but finding the middle point can be hard sometimes.
Seen reviews of people having problems with KS post and Commands, as said none of them are perfect.

My mates Reverb has been perfect and he gives it excellent reviews, mine broke in 3 weeks, i give it ok reviews.... Infact my Joplin 4 performed better than my reverb yet the Joplin has an awful reputation.
I will have my Gravity dropper turbo to sell soon but am giving Neil first dibbs.