This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to write an intro
Ok, so building a website for my trip round africa. Need to write a little about me, what should be included in this?
write a little about yourself Wink

Explain why you are doing it. why such a challenge appeals to you. what you expect of yourself.
to build a school....... cause it might be fun, but probably won't..... to fail.....
get a draft done and I will happily have a rewrite for you.
Hi.

My name is Ian.

I ride bikes and work.

That's usually about as far as I take things because I was quite comfortable, stable job, nice house, nice holidays nothing really to complain about. Really I've been quite spoilt,whilst some hard work has gone in to the things I've achived I've had some what of a good ride.

I was lucky enough to go to a brilliant school, Christs Hospital, which opened my eyes up to the possibilities in the world. Then I got in to a world class University and 5 years later managed to graduate with a degree in Civil Engineering. So after finishing university I started working for Balfour Beatty, and this is where I'm now. Comfortable.

So why am I doing this. Well it's complicated and I'm not sure I understand all the reasons as too why I want to do this so I'm going to list a few simple ones and the rest will come out when I understand them.

For charity. I'm aiming to raise around £45000 for charity to Build a school in Kenja and try and give a few more people in the world a chance.

To get fit. This year I've been trying to loose weight. So far I've lost around 6 stone, and currently weigh 23 stone. By the time I start the expedition I'll be around 18 stone hopefully.

And finally, because it sounds like a fun thing to do and it will give me a story to tell.

So that's it. Simple really. Help me and support a worthy cause by donating a little bit of money For more information click on the different pages above.
Honest and to the point, your giving something back and your personel sense of achievement.

It will be good to see the site once its up and running.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
IMHO, I don't think you need to change anything.  It tells the story of YOU.  In YOUR words.
And that word "comfortable" which most of us are guilty of hiding behind.

I'd checl that balfour beaty are happy about the mention first thougj...
"impished" Wrote:IMHO, I don't think you need to change anything.  It tells the story of YOU.  In YOUR words.
And that word "comfortable" which most of us are guilty of hiding behind.

I'd checl that balfour beaty are happy about the mention first thougj...

Fingers like pig tits!
As the others said you don't need to change anything, after all the satement is by you, about you, in your own words and the genuine reasons why you're going on  this amazing adventure.

Was only joking Mr pished!
"jellylegs" Wrote:As the others said you don't need to change anything, after all the satement is by you, about you, in your own words and the genuine reasons why you're going on  this amazing adventure.

Was only joking Mr pished!

What was that about porcine breasts?  Tongue
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon