This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the scrounge
I'm on the scrounge - has anyone got a pair of vernier calipers I could borrow for a couple of days please, there's a beer or a drop of sloe gin in it for someone.
Yep ;D
I have digital & old school, as well as a 0-1 micrometer if that's any use.

You're very welcome, but they are in Chatham....... Undecided
I have a set that Neil leant me, your welcome to borrow them, chuck me a text if you want them
The added accuracy isn't gonna make it any bigger mate Wink
[quote="]The added accuracy isn't gonna make it any bigger mate Wink[/quote"]

ROFL Big Grin
" Wrote:The added accuracy isn't gonna make it any bigger mate Wink[/quote"]

*chortle chortle*

Thats what I'm banking on - the bearings in the headset of the rush are 1.5, I got some new ones and I think the german distributor sent me some that are 1.52.

[quote author=]Yep ;D
I have digital & old school, as well as a 0-1 micrometer if that's any use.

You're very welcome, but they are in Chatham....... Undecided

Cheers for the kind offer Tincs, but I figure Ashford is a tad closer.
Quote: the bearings in the headset of the rush are 1.5, I got some new ones and I think the german distributor sent me some that are 1.52.
Cheers for the kind offer Tincs, but I figure Ashford is a tad closer.

You're not wrong, but Ashford closer or not you should be able to answer your question using the bearing numbers, rather than measuring them.
Stick the number into Google & it'll tell you inner & outer dia, thickness & seal type.
"jellylegs" Wrote:I think the german distributor sent me some that are 1.52.

Damn those pesky slapdash Germans...  Wink
Keep it foolish...
Oh! Hang on a moment, you have the carbon Rush don't you?
That only takes Cannondale specific bearings iirc.
Did a bit of digging look at this.
Page 7 Wink

[edit] Bit more digging & you do need Cannondale bearings. They are slightly shallower than stock. HD169 is the part number you need.
Here!
"Tinc" Wrote:Oh! Hang on a moment, you have the carbon Rush don't you?
That only takes Cannondale specific bearings iirc.
Did a bit of digging look at this.
Page 7 Wink

No his is ally, not carbon.