This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS - HTC Wildfire £80
Upgraded Cheryl on to a Desire, so her 6 month old Wildfire is up for sale for £80 ono, if anyone fancies it?

It's in good condition, fully functioning with no issues, c/w 4Gb Samsung microSD, on Tmobile and unlockable in the usual places.
5Mp camera with flash & all that.

Good little phone, dinky so more female friendly size than the desire, running Android 2.2+Sense,
Battery life's good, 2 days in normal use.

c/w crystal clear case that's been on it since new & 3 spare screen protectors, again been on since new.

Tmobiles's cheap as chips for mobile internet, £10-15/month covers loads of facebook, twitter & browsing.

Full details here; http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_wildfire-3337.php
Just adding 2 photo's.

note original mains charger & USB lead are included, just forgot to put in shot *doh*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I'm getting pee'd off with my first gen I phone would this be an upgrade? I'm not clues up on these phones.
I have a Wildfire and I'm very happy with it.  Its easy to use & intuiative, as Jay says above its compact and friendly too.

I've never had an iphone but happy to recommend this.

HTH
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Never been an iPhone personage, so honestly couldn't say if this is better Ash'
I just know that iPhones (older ones esp) were seriously under-spec for camera n stuff, and the app's mostly cost, whereas most Android app's are free or very cheap.

Wildfire's aren't overly powerful, but that gives longer battery life than a Desire for instance (2 days vs 1).

Cheers Carl, much appreciated Smile

=== edit ===
Wildfire vs iPhone 1 POI's;
screen's almost identical size & resolution.
Camera's 5mp vs 2mp.
528Mhz vs 412Mhz
4gb upgradeable memory vs 4/8/16gb stuck
Picture Messaging, vs just texting.
YouTube, Flash, Java, GPS & Radio on wildfire, but not on iPhone.
TV out on iPhone, but not on Wildfire.

From GSM Arena (link in OP);
Wildfire features;
OS      Android OS v2.2 (has been upgraded from original 2.1)
CPU      528 MHz ARM 11 processor, Qualcomm MSM7225 chipset
Messaging      SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser      HTML
Radio      Stereo FM radio with RDS
Games      Yes
Colors      Black, Brown, White, Red, Silver
GPS      Yes, with A-GPS support
Java      Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Digital compass
- Dedicated search key
- Facebook, Flickr, Twitter integration
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail
- YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA9 player
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV9 player
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input

iPhone 1 features;
OS      iPhone OS
CPU      ARM 11 412 MHz, PowerVR MBX-Lite graphics
Messaging      SMS (threaded view), Email
Browser      HTML (Safari)
Radio      No
Games      Downloadable, incl. motion-based
Colors      Black
GPS      No
Java      No
- Google Maps
- Audio/video player
- TV-out
Thank you for the info Jay. I'll need to talk to my IT department to first make sure they dont have newer phones I can get my hands on, I doubt this is the case though. I'll need to check that I can sync my work google mail account with and internet tethering so I can work on the road.

I'll let you know. I am interested but if someone wants it 100% please feel free to sell it to them.

Ash.
Cheers Mash, have a possible offer of interest but nothing defo as yet.
Will update here if anything changes.
Sorry Jay, but Ash if you go from a iPhone to a wildfire you will be very disappointed. I have and love my HTC desire very much, so much so that I got my mum to get a wildfire, thinking it was a smaller simpler version but its a very cut down phone. I hate using my mums because the resolution and the limited apps that run at those resolutions make it a horrid phone to use. Not to mention how old it is, and the lack of support for it now. As a simple android phone it does a job (cheaply) but for someone going from a iPhone it wouldn't really be for you, I think.
No worries Wayne, it's all relative.
If I were selling an iPhone for £80 you'd expect it to be knackered!

Screen res is exactly the same on both phones (320x240) btw.
Hi Wayne, thanks for the info.

I guess im pee'd off with my iphone 1st gen, its so slow, loading text messages email and facebook take ages and want something a bit quicker. trouble is im tied in to work as its a company phone so dont want to get a contract out of my own as I only need a cheap phone, ive look at I4's but they are silly expensive.