This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be getting old....
Received an email a couple of weeks ago advising that my company car (Mazda 6 ts2) is up for renewal in the first week of September.

Attached to the email was a list of 1340 different models of cars ranging from merc a class, Audi 3, BMW 1 series, alfa Romeo etc., what have I gone for????

Skoda octavia estate, 1.8tsi elegance, 160 bhp, 0-60 in 7.9, it might be a Skoda but does everything well that I will need it to do, the dogs in the back, bikes in the back, it has the best spec out if all the cats on the list and best bit is its the quickest also!!

I'll get my coat....
A Skoda driving roadie!!!!!     :o

Nuff said.

You're fired banned!

Tongue
I bet the choice had nothing to do with the tdf skoda ads.
The Octavia is a good car, they have come a hell of a long way from the pieces of sh!t everyone used to take the p!ss out of years ago. It has a VW/Audi engine which is one of the best and I believe has an Audi derived platform too, but I could be wrong as well out of touch with cars these days. And an Estate is the obvious choice for bikers, even strange lycra wearing roadies  Wink
Yes its the old Golf Mk5 floor pan I believe. Not a bad motor. My mums partner has just bought a new estate one and is well happy with it.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
My step dad has an Octavia 1.8Tsi thing & abso loves it!!
He's a proper 'driver' too, ex copper, done every advanced driving & riding course known to man, driven most things too, says the new Skoda is the best car he's ever had!

Soni, I'm sure you'll be well pleased with your new toy, it'll bash boy racers at lights and give decent mpg! 8)
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Yes its the old A4 floor pan I believe. Not a bad motor. My mums partner has just bought a new estate one and is well happy with it.

Wrong, it's Golf based and is therefore unlikely to swallow a bike with both wheels on... My Passat IS A4 based and with the back seats down it will take my MTB with both wheels in place.

That said, the Octavia is an excellent car, VW engineered with reliability/dependability to match.
What do you call a skip on wheels??    (The old ones are the best)  Wink Tongue
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:What do you call a skip on wheels??    (The old ones are the best)  Wink Tongue

Showing your age now  Big Grin Big Grin
New ones are fine.

I love winding up TT owners though by referring to their cars as Octavia Coupes