This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare Gear Hangers
How many of you keep or carry a spare gear hanger incase of a breakage?

I snapped one last year on my Specialized which after 10 days I finally received, the first one was apparently sent but lost in the post.

Because it took so long lastime I thought I'd get a spare to carry for my Lapierre. Over a month I've now been waiting!! Good job I hadn't snapped it or I'd be very peed off right now.

I thought it would be easy to get one but it turns out not many shops stock them, they are ordered in. I've been sent the wrong one twice and am looking at another couple of weeks.

Just thought I'd let you know as it's not something I had really ever thought about (everybody else probably has!) but without one you are 'off the bike' until you can get a replacement.
I always carry 2
Everyone should carry one. I got mine for my Zesty from here before although it was £2 more, they are bound to hav them in stock as one of the biggest Lapierre dealers, could only get silver before but now all sorts http://www.welovelapierre.com/770/2830/0...ger-3-bolt

For my Butcher I went to SC direct, it came next day and was £15 inc postage or something...

EDIT: They have changed the Zesty ones, thats only for certain models, my 2009 ali end was 2 bolt so give them a ring. I also used them to replace a pivot bolt I snapped as well
If you are waiting for one to be ordered in then it probably has to come from Hotlines who are crap, if you only have to wait a couple of weeks then you are doing rather well, Ive been waiting 2 1/2 months for a replacement wheel.
Breezer - Lucky you it's silver I've been waiting for! Mines a 2 bolt which is the problem, I will bell them if I get no luck soon, thanks.

Sailor - Yeah that's the one, Hotlines!

The problem is Hotlines have the wrong one listed for my bike. I found the correct one on Derailleurhanger.com and had to send them the correct details! I'm sure had I looked/phoned around I could have found one in stock but really didn't expect it to take this long.
i find the BETD website very helpfull, although they are very expensive
Used to be not since I changed bikes.. The Whyte rear meach hanger is a mega thing that I'm not convinced you could even change on the trail as its forms part of the big gripper rear wheel holding system.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Used to be not since I changed bikes.. The Whyte rear meach hanger is a mega thing that I'm not convinced you could even change on the trail as its forms part of the big gripper rear wheel holding system.

Yep I tried to source a spare but had no luck do have to ride without one :-(
How do they compare to the marin ones, quadlink and frame design is very similar so wondered if hangers were too
As Lagging says its part of the 'big grippa' rear axle setup on the Whyte which I believe is different to the Marin