This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marin rear shock size?
Hello need a bit of help. Im replacing the rear shock on my 2010 marin attack trail 6.9 and having trouble making sure the size is right. Measured it at 200mm x 57mm . rang atb who import them just to make sure, for them to tell me its a 190mm x 2" . I know a few of you have these frames  and i think it was Ash i was talking to on sunday at porc. Its TF tuned im buying it from but they're not sure on the size as marin don't quote it on their web site.  :'(
Thanks Dudes
"Skid" Wrote:Hello need a bit of help. Im replacing the rear shock on my 2010 marin attack trail 6.9 and having trouble making sure the size is right. Measured it at 200mm x 57mm . rang atb who import them just to make sure, for them to tell me its a 190mm x 2" . I know a few of you have these frames  and i think it was Ash i was talking to on sunday at porc. Its TF tuned im buying it from but they're not sure on the size as marin don't quote it on their web site.  :'(
Thanks Dudes

That would have been Ash who's not on forum, ill try and remember to ask him tomorrow as he has replaced his shock on the attack trail. Failing that give cyclesuk in maidstone a bell and ask to speak with Dean, he will know
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:That would have been Ash who's not on forum, ill try and remember to ask him tomorrow as he has replaced his shock on the attack trail. Failing that give cyclesuk in maidstone a bell and ask to speak with Dean, he will know

cheers dude just worried about getting the wrong size.
Surely if you just unbolt it or even one end from the frame and measure eye to eye it will tell you. If it really is 10mm more than what ATB say then is it second hand and someones fitted the wrong shock? Would be surprised as its quite an awkward fitting and probably not that flexible. You are measuring from the centre of each bolt and not from the end of the eyelet?
"Breezer" Wrote:Surely if you just unbolt it or even one end from the frame and measure eye to eye it will tell you. If it really is 10mm more than what ATB say then is it second hand and someones fitted the wrong shock? Would be surprised as its quite an awkward fitting and probably not that flexible. You are measuring from the centre of each bolt and not from the end of the eyelet?

It was what came on the bike from new, measured from centre of bolt to centre of bolt manly wanted to check on stroke length as it’s a git measuring it in the marin frame. Think i will just resort to taking the shock out to measure properly, was just trying to avoid it in case i had to wait weeks for a new one.  
They must have it mixed up somehow maybe between the years ie a "2010 model" would be sold from something like August 2009 till August 2010 so mabye they or you are actually looking at a 2009 or 2011  Undecided
Ash is going to check later and let me know if he can find the measurement, I agree that they are a pain to get out.

When I needed a new mount kit for wolfridge I had to provide measurements to tftuned as they didn't know the right length
"Breezer" Wrote:They must have it mixed up somehow maybe between the years ie a "2010 model" would be sold from something like August 2009 till August 2010 so mabye they or you are actually looking at a 2009 or 2011  Undecided

Yer i know the frame and travel changed between 2009 and 2010 . should just trust what they told me but I’m still sure their telling me the wrong one. Who thought a simple phone call could get me so confused