This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamstreet, ashford ride sunday 24th july 10:00am
Hello dudes bit last minute but will be riding hamstreet this Sunday; ride will include three or four of the local woods with short road sections joining them together. Distance is normally about 12-16 miles depending how much go everyone has. Xc ride very much like blean . Meet at 10 in morning by the bus stop outside bike/hardware shop. Hope this map works. Undecided
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/myplaces?hl=en&ctz=-60&abauth=e5765b93:bUuLI7sSHXSCSeXbTdFozGhbfpg&vps=2&jsv=356b&sll=51.065624,0.856753&sspn=0.014025,0.032015&ei=FEgoTsaHIty3jAfon_WICA&num=10">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/myplaces? ... ICA&num=10</a><!-- m -->
Balls. Can't do this week or next but would def. be up for this sometime soon.
Can't make this as already doing the Oldbury ride. I forgot what date it was on when i suggested doing something this weekend, sorry mate :B
That’s cool guys, will post this ride up pretty regularly as its an area i ride a lot, would be good to meet up with some of the ashford sketchy lot at some time. Defiantly three of us riding Sunday but anyone’s welcome. Smile
Hi Skid, Ive ridden Orlestone woods a couple if times recently, some very good trails in there. Does this ride take that in? i can't make this but will be up for a show round one day.
&quot;mashley&quot; Wrote:Hi Skid, Ive ridden Orlestone woods a couple if times recently, some very good trails in there. Does this ride take that in? i can't make this but will be up for a show round one day.

Sorry can never remember the names of the woods, also everyone iv ever ridden them with calls them something different, will take the gps with me on Sunday though and post the route.
I can't make this week but fancy a ride around that way so will try to make the next one
What i've found from Orlestone woods is cracking so far. I need to follow the route that was posted up a while back to see more of it. The area benefits from a few good hills as it's on the point where the marsh meets the old land.
&quot;mashley&quot; Wrote:What i've found from Orlestone woods is cracking so far. I need to follow the route that was posted up a while back to see more of it. The area benefits from a few good hills as it's on the point where the marsh meets the old land.

I had one of my best crashes at orlestone (faggs) woods. there's a bit where the track goes down a hill and then up the otherside. went hooning down and didn't realise the middle at the bottom covered by leaves, bike stopped dead and I flew face first up the other side. From the bits ive ridden there which is probably only a small percentage i personally think kings is better but time allowing I'd come along to a ride around to see what else is there.
id agree with you Si about Kings. however, it's a 4 mile road ride from my house, so there and back and a good 9 miles round the wood makes a good quick fun night circuit. There is still more to explore though.

I know the bit you mean to I went through it the other day and winced at te last moment thinking id do the same but as it was dry managed to pump through it.