This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un Blocked smart phone.
So today I dropped my iphone and smashed the screen. It is a work phone so I will get a replacement, however it'll be a old iphone 8GB 3G, the same as the one I broke today. I'm told upgrades to newer models are many months away! So I want to buy a unblocked smart phone so I can use the works O2 sim. I've looked for iphones but they are so expensive. Anyone suggest a phone for me as good but a lot cheaper? I may even take out a contract if the phone is worth it.
HTC Desire S here. loving it. the Google android OS is a pleasure to use after Windows mobile.
Lol dodgy insurance like fraud failure
"Breezer" Wrote:Lol dodgy insurance like fraud failure

pardon? this is the second work iphone ive dropped, the first time I was pissed, today was just walking along the path.
Delibrate to try and get a better one
"Breezer" Wrote:Delibrate to try and get a better one
Incorrect as not insured.

I already new that new phones were a long way away. My boss had her's replaced this week with a just as old crummy 3G from phones work already own.
Is it just the glass screen that's busted or the digitiser underneath?
Easy to sort - can you still use it?

I bought a new glass screen for £6 & spent 30 mins fitting it to my 3GS
Pretty happy with my HTC Desire and now the Desire HD and Desire S are out you might find the second hand prices are dropping
"pittgoat" Wrote:Pretty happy with my HTC Desire and now the Desire HD and Desire S are out you might find the second hand prices are dropping

Yep, I looked on eBay not long after I got my Desire HD and they were down to 250 then, should be cheaper still now.  

If you really don't want another itrendy would your work not just give you a contract sim card if you buy another phone? Oh and not sure if you are aware but Tue iPhone uses a smaller sim card which won't fit in other phones! Another reason to hate Apple.

Edit: Just read your first post again, if you get another phone on contract I'd go for the HTC Sensation. Had a play on Marks last week and it is sexy as, has a dual core possessor, 8mp camera and the widgets rotate on the home screen.... I want it for that alone Wink