This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What new things?
Okay so with my extra money from work Im going to get myself a new pair of tyres and some veggie shinpads for my jump bike, I could do with a new saddle as well, I know its a fairly personal opinion thing but can anybody suggest me a comfy saddle? I dont want to pay through the roof.

Also whilst Im asking questions, can anyone recommend me a rear wheel with qr and a hope hub? Again I dont want to pay through the roof for it.

Cheers Smile
You must be about the 3rd person asking about a reasonably priced saddle that's awesome in the last month. My response is still unchanged. Charge Spoon
Ah okay, will give one of those a try.

I also forgot to ask, I have a hollowtech crankset and will be looking soon to put it on my bike, what bottom bracket would anyone suggest?
Hope.

As for wheels... Hope hoops ;-)
Without blowing the budget, Shimano BB's are cheap & reliable Matt.
Surely this XT/SLX affair would cover your needs? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=41445

My original XT bb has been faultless for 2 years now, done about 1800 miles in dust, snow, rain, mud, etc, no worries.
Got a Chris King after ruining a XT BB in one very muddy ride. Expensive but its smooth as silk about a year on.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
" Wrote:You must be about the 3rd person asking about a reasonably priced saddle that's awesome in the last month. My response is still unchanged. [b"]Charge Spoon[/b]

+2... as in I have 2 of them and they are great, may be looking for 1 or 2 more soon as old bike gel saddle is dying and hoping to get a single speed commuter in the not too distant future.
Cheers Jay, that looks like the ticket I reckon.

Out of curiousity also, where do you guys buy your charge spoons? As I notice CRC dont sell them
Click the Wiggle link at bottom of the Sketchy page, they have a range of Charge Spoons from £22 - £76 Smile