This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITS Traveling
Instead of trawling through the recent pages of the Main thread I thought I'd start a new one. What time are people planning on leaving to get up there.

As far as I know Marting, myself & Gary will probably leave close to 12.00 as possible
Our other Team member, Stuart is travelling from Grantham so will meet us there. It'll be good for him to have someones phone number who may be travlling up earlier so he can meet up with them.

Directions to Catton Park, Staffordshire (DE12 8LN):
Approach from the A38 between Lichfield and Burton-on-Trent. Leave the A38 at the junction signposted Alrewas and take the A513 towards Tamworth. After 1.5miles you will go under a narrow railway bridge and take the immediate left turn. After 1 mile you will see the race arena on the right hand side

Weather for the weekend  http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Swadlincote-DE12
My SITS training going really well, I loved the beer festival last Saturday.

I’ll be travelling up after work on Friday, although Treehugger will be bringing my tent, hopefully someone will be kind enough to “unpop� it and put is somewhere nice for me.
Im leaving around midday Friday.

If MrBehind could be so kind to update his post with googlemaps directions etc?
I'll be leaving at 5pm Friday or as early as I can get out from work. Have room for 2 more if on the way, don't want to go too far out of my way as want to get there as early as possible.

I will indeed have your tent Winnie.

Treakle- Will you have room for my camping chair that you have been looking after for me since last year? :B no worries if not as I will bring a garden chair instead and pick it up from you when we get back.
Blackers, Mrs Blackers, and I are traveling up together, leaving Sevenoaks around midday.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'll be leaving at 5pm Friday or as early as I can get out from work. Have room for 2 more if on the way, don't want to go too far out of my way as want to get there as early as possible.

I will indeed have your tent Winnie.

Treakle- Will you have room for my camping chair that you have been looking after for me since last year? :B no worries if not as I will bring a garden chair instead and pick it up from you when we get back.

Ill throw it in the car mate. Could it be any bigger! Ill attach my storage invoice...  Wink
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
General Sparks, MrsSponge and I will be driving up on Friday evening to Birmingham, staying with MrsSparks and then appearing early on Saturday morning.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"redwinnie" Wrote:My SITS training going really well, I loved the beer festival last Saturday.

I’ll be travelling up after work on Friday, although Treehugger will be bringing my tent, hopefully someone will be kind enough to “unpop� it and put is somewhere nice for me.

Mr Hugger is leaving the same time as you so you'll probably arrive at the same time as your tent anyway
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Mr Hugger is leaving the same time as you so you'll probably arrive at the same time as your tent anyway

In that case I'll put it up in two seconds myself then*

*If it takes longer than this I want my money back because that's  how Tree sold it to me.
Am I right in thinking Mr Huggers Marque is coming up with someone earlier. If that doesnt arrive till 10 there may be a potential space issue  Sad