This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fowlmead Kids racing
Saw on their events that monday nights they have kids races - done the MTB ones but this is road, kids off school so went along.

Great events - about 35 kids there - they do a TT, then a race, then another race - sweets for all at the end - loads of encouragement etc.

Really well organised, time boards up with times & places etc.  Great fun for them for couple of hours.  Its part of a go-ride series organised by thanet VC i think - but again another good thing happening at Fowlmead.

If you have a kid under 16 thats interested in cycling take them along.
Nicholas only has his ht Mtb, were there many there on mtbs.  . .   What time did it end, I'd need to get back for work
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Yeh, kids on all sorts, from halfords FS apollos to carbon race bikes.  No snobbery though, all very inclusive.  Adam took his mtb but I put him on my mrs hybrid with his seat on instead.  Loads of islabikes there.

Can leave any time, starts at half six and ends about eight.
any crying? I saw a kids event in the break between mens and womens races at Aberfoyle and it was a tough little track and there were much tears before bedtime. Mainly due to being beaten by a girl so far as I could see. Girl on pink (look out ben!) apollo whipped everyone on proper little islabikes and lycra. Funny as hell but cyring kids made me feel a bit nauseous so I went to get a hotdog.

I did notice her bike had a longer stem than usual and was running semi slicks so it was a bit of a sleeper, but even so.

Bloody kids.
Keep it foolish...
Dereks son didnt look too happy at the last summer sizzler when I asked him he had been beaten by a girl  Big Grin
1 wasnt happy after coming 2nd in the TT.

Another wasnt happy after falling off & sliding down the tarmac.

Apart from that all good.
We'll try and get there... sounds good
Are you going to this tonight Derek.

Looks like I can get down there with Nicholas.
Wanted to but not sure ill get away from work in time.  Ill know later in the day but at the moment its not looking too great.
have checked and the weather looks ok so we will head down, hope to see you there but won't expect to..