This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: XC flat bar
In market for a handlebar as fancy whacking some bar ends on the xc bike.

Needs to be:
600mm+
31.8 Clamp
Black
Light
Cheap
Preferably Carbon

Have cash or a Ritchey WCS Mountain Carbon Flat Bar to swap (too narrow for me at 560mm).
Need to be careful with barends and carbon bars, dont think u can use them as danger of crushing, might haveto get some of those grips with small stubs on the end
Some have reinforced ends for this very reason like KCNC, but not wanting to fork out that much.
I have some specialized 640mm (I think) bars I can sell you. Slight rise though.

Edit: aluminium
Cheers Jimmy but rather a flat one, is it a rise or a sweep?
Donna how much the other ones you looked at were but these will do, I know it's new etc.  630 wide with titanium reinforced ends for bar ends.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bike24.net/p27619.html">http://www.bike24.net/p27619.html</a><!-- m -->
Nice but £90 is a bit out of my budget. Looking at some Scandium ones on xcracer which are £40 and light as carbon. I'm assuming scandium shouldn't have a crush problem?
&quot;General Sparks&quot; Wrote:Nice but £90 is a bit out of my budget. Looking at some Scandium ones on xcracer which are £40 and light as carbon. I'm assuming scandium shouldn't have a crush problem?

Yeh, all good, no crush issue, just attract less female attention.
I'm 99% sure I have a 600+ light weight ally flat bar, brand new from my Marin... I'll have a measure & take a picture tonight.
Swap for Grolsch if your interested  ;D
I cannot believe you currently ride with a 560mm bar. Im no Sailor with 900+mm but even running my narrow 685's for Bedgebury was suicidal although that was matched with a 50mm stem I guess......I have my Breezer original ones at home, must measure them, will be under 560 and I used to run them with bar ends back in the day, 3/4 finger braking, those were the days