This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clicking drive
i was suffering from an annoying clicking noise when peddalng and i needed to upgrade my drive so got new pedals , cranks, BB, chain, rear cassette and rear deraileur. and it still happens!!!! any ideas???
Saddle Undecided
It could be dirt in the seat post. Mine was doing it and the guys from cycles uk maidstone suggested cleaning it out and it cured it.
Pivot bearings?
Knees  Undecided
Did you just replace the cranks or was it the whole chainset ? Check chain ring bolts. If that doesn't work try replacing the inner tube valve covers ( it's a long shot but you never know Wink )

Sounds like whole drive train has been replaced, what's the hub like
What? Inner tube valve covers? Firstly why would they make a noise, secondly why would you have them on a bike when they serve no purpose and add a lot of weight!
"Wideload" Wrote:Saddle Undecided

+1 and or seatpost
Agreed with above, remove seat post, totally strip saddle mount, clean and copper grease all contact points and rebuiild.
Had the same issue on my last bike & couldn't work out where the noise was coming from. Eventually did the above & completely sorted it.
Cycle it whilst not sitting on the saddle, if the clicking goes its the saddle or post. Strip & clean as suggested.