This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think?
Well as things are looking crap at work at the moment i have started looking at second hand frames instead of the Pitch. Just found this  What do you reccon? I also found an 07 Orange 5 frame last night for £670 which i was tempted with.

Also this and this

Anyone know what travel fork the old Enduro's came with? I think it was 140 but not sure. And i know i am doing a Steve here but i'v always fancied one of these, and what with not knowing if i'll have a job in 2 months i think i better spenda bit less and save some money just in case.
"...comes with cane creek....needs replacing...." & "...shock....probably feel sticky...."
Personally the alarm bells start ringing on reading those 2 statement ??)
But then I'm not very trusting when it comes to Fleabay...
Andy... why are you so keen on riding a 6'' travel bike?

How often are you going to be AM, Free Riding or D Hilling...  i rode several 5'' - 6'' bikes at demos and they were all just too much for 95% of the riding i do and i go to Wales 6 or 7 times a year and Scotland etc

My bike is 120mm which has handle a lot of abuse and scoots up the hills great...

I guess what i'm saying is what do you want a big bike for...for fast cross country and great singletrack and trail centre work go for 100mm to 120mm. These bikes now handle amazingly, wheels are now strong and you will be confident enough to brake considerably less so you won't need massive disks etc

What size frame do you need...

Now i'm not trying to sell you a bike but have you seen my for sale bikes...  ha ha    
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:"...comes with cane creek....needs replacing...." & "...shock....probably feel sticky...."
Personally the alarm bells start ringing on reading those 2 statement ??)
But then I'm not very trusting when it comes to Fleabay...
I'm not worried about the Cane Creak as i whatever i get i'll be fitting my Chris King, and he said it will only be sticky because it hasen't been used for months. I'm quite tempted by that one at only £350.

Nigel- If i do go for one of those, and i still haven't decided yet, i'll still keep the Inbred for a lot of my riding. I just want something a little more comfortable for longer rides, and places like Afan etc. Plus i have always wanted one of those.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:I'm not worried about the Cane Creak as i whatever i get i'll be fitting my Chris King, and he said it will only be sticky because it hasen't been used for months. I'm quite tempted by that one at only £350.

Nigel- If i do go for one of those, and i still haven't decided yet, i'll still keep the Inbred for a lot of my riding. I just want something a little more comfortable for longer rides, and places like Afan etc. Plus i have always wanted one of those.

Replacing the headset is wise but i noticed the sticky shock and i would not go near it... sticky means knackered...   there will always be another frame/bike along in a few days...   the silver one looks a better bet

And i still do not believe the need for 6'' travel exists outside of downhill but i do realise that the comment ''i've always wanted one of those' is all that counts...  which is why i'm looking for some Formula Puros if anyone should spot any anywhere...
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Replacing the headset is wise but i noticed the sticky shock and i would not go near it... sticky means knackered...   there will always be another frame/bike along in a few days...   the silver one looks a better bet

And i still do not believe the need for 6'' travel exists outside of downhill but i do realise that the comment ''i've always wanted one of those' is all that counts...  which is why i'm looking for some Formula Puros if anyone should spot any anywhere...
Yeah i'm very tempted by the S-Works with the DHX coil.  And with my Pikes and all the adjustments on the shock, i am sure it would't be too bouncy for general trail riding. I have never heard a bad word said about the Enduro. I know a couple of people who have had one and they absolutely loved it, and the only reason the changed was because they got more into DH. Hmm decisions ??)
What with you and Steve.... what size frame you looking at
Not heard good things about dhx's plus being coil it will be quite a lot heavier than an air one and cost you £20+ if you want to change the spring rate beyond the small preload adjustment whereas an air shock you just put your pump on.....

Being fsr's with horst links, they will at least pedal well and will have brilliant rear suspension unlike the Orange you mentioned earlier but the main flaw I can see with them is the cut seat tube, if you want to play around at some where hilly you wont be able to drop the saddle much unless you get a gravity dropper or something similar like I have
I would be looking at a medium frame.  I don't have to drop my saddle that much at the moment, and even with it at the normal peddleing uphill height i can still get over the back (when i remember to :Smile) so i think that would be OK. If not then i'll just get  telescopic post of some kind. I think the most i have ever lowered it was 2 inches.
I love the old style Enduro and always wished i had got one of those when i had Stumpy number 1. They are a very good bike and even when Spesh got the new one out they just renamed it SX Trail. They are good bikes.

Agree with Nigel about not needing 6"+ (no vulgar coments please)  Tongue