This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargains?
I was wandering around my LBS earlier and noticed what seems to be some bargains that may be of interest to some of you...

- 2007 Sids of some sort for £220
- Various Egg Beaters/Candy's from £17(cleats seem to cost not much less!)
- A Thompson stem for £35. Looked long.
- Kooka carbon frame. £250 I think.

The shop is Tri The Bike Shop in Gravesend.
I LOVE that shop!!!!
It's like an Aladdins cave for bikers...
Hmmmm, can you use egg-beater cleats on SPD shoes?
"impished" Wrote:I LOVE that shop!!!!
It's like an Aladdins cave for bikers...
Hmmmm, can you use egg-beater cleats on SPD shoes?

Egg beater cleats just bolt onto spd shoes... i have run eggbeaters for many years and i love em...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Blackers, did you know Tri the bike shop when it was called Cycleland, i used to go there all the time many years ago, do you know what size the stem is, long shot i know!
&quot;Longjon&quot; Wrote:Blackers, did you know Tri the bike shop when it was called Cycleland, i used to go there all the time many years ago, do you know what size the stem is, long shot i know!

No. it was Tri when I first found it 6 years ago. Superb shop though. I spend my lunch hours trying to find something interesting to do, and exploring Tri's bargain buckets is my fave.

The stem is oversize and it looked longggg. If you are interested ill go find out exactly how long on monday.

Im tempted to switch to egg beaters. Does anybody here aside from MBnut use them?
Yeah, i used Candys and they are very nice pedals. lots of movement so your foot doesnt cramp and you can unclip very easy.
I bought some Candy SL's about 6 months ago but havent fitted yet due to a number of reasons. They look so good, they look even better in the box, I am too lazy to faff around with cleat position etc heh! Really must do it soon! After next weekends race I think so will be using the Time's for that
Los like a bargain for a wheelset if you have a 20mm axle fork.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Mavic-XC717-Di...286.c0.m14
tri the bike is my local shop too. Had some very good deals in their recently. For example, latest xt shifters mech and chainset for way less than merlins/crc. Always willing to try and price match too.
I don't think they do themselves favors by keeping alot of stock at good prices upstairs as opposed to on the shelf but i guess it's hard to display everything!
I shouldn't be posting this because I want everyone to buy a sketchy shirt, but I saw some of these on the sky ride and seeing as they are reduced at the moment.......

http://www.foska.com/freeride-jerseys/

Don't forget to look at the London Pride water bottles..  ;D