This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort William Red run
Had one of the best days ever on my bike today.  Ever since seeing a post here of the red xc trail at FW wanted to go.

Hired a car this morning and drove over there, didn't arrive till 12 but managed about 7 runs on it. Weather was dry and sunny.  Had an off within the 1st 2 mins from being too eager and hit a blind crest made out of rocks, the landing wasnt quite where i expected so went arse over end, scraped myself, bit of blood etc and a blown tyre.

Anyway that aside, hammered on, what a trail, got quicker and quicker and as the last gondola was 15.45 had to pack the Runs in.

Its so different to any other trail I've been on, just fantastic, completely on a high all the way home.  Have to go again some day.

If any of you ever get the chance to visit the area, do it, totally worth the effort.

Will post some pics etc later.
"dgw15" Wrote:Had one of the best days ever on my bike today.  Ever since seeing a post here of the red xc trail at FW wanted to go.

Hired a car this morning and drove over there, didn't arrive till 12 but managed about 7 runs on it. Weather was dry and sunny.  Had an off within the 1st 2 mins from being too eager and hit a blind crest made out of rocks, the landing wasnt quite where i expected so went arse over end, scraped myself, bit of blood etc and a blown tyre.

Anyway that aside, hammered on, what a trail, got quicker and quicker and as the last gondola was 15.45 had to pack the Runs in.

Its so different to any other trail I've been on, just fantastic, completely on a high all the way home.  Have to go again some day.

If any of you ever get the chance to visit the area, do it, totally worth the effort.

Will post some pics etc later.

I REALLY want to go there soon, sounds like an epic trail. I've always said that as soon as i get a car again i would head up there but not been able to yet. I will obviously take the DH bike too Wink Would like to try and make it happen before the end of the year so if anyone is interested let me know.